The film competes in the Encounters – a competitive section devoted to new cinematic visions, with other 11 films. A three-member jury will choose winners for the best film, best director and a special jury award.
"Vi" is about a Nigerian football player playing in the Vietnamese football league. After he breaks his leg, he is forced to leave the team and find a job in a sex parlor to provide for his wife and son back home.
Bao got the idea for the film years ago based on his high-school memories. At that time, he saw black men on buses while going to school. Bao was obsessed by these men who seemed to have overcome some significant challenges.
First-time filmmaker Bao has composed a delicate, sensory meditation that conjures up many a thought in the viewer's mind.
In "Vi" the actors are amateurs, including the call girls.
Earlier, the film won the "Most Potential Project" award at the Singapore International Film Festival in 2020.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Berlinale has developed a new festival format for its 71st edition and is delighted to thus be able to hold the festival for both the industry and the general public.
From March 1 to 5, 2021, the film festival is being launched with an Industry Event (European Film Market, Berlinale Co-Production Market, Berlinale Talents and Word Cinema Fund) for film professionals and accredited representatives of the press. All Industry Event activities took place online.
Meanwhile, from June 9-20, the Summer Special will give the general public the opportunity to see the majority of the 2021 selected films in Berlin cinemas in the presence of filmmakers.
- 10 Best Things We Saw at Toronto International Film Festival 2020
- Arun Vijay's Sinam team eyes international film festivals
- Hollywood couple of the moment Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes promote new film at the Toronto International Film Festival
- Rotterdam Film Festival To Open With Mads Mikkelsen Movie ‘Riders Of Justice’
- IFFI Goa 2020 Postponed To January 2021: Film Festival To Be Held In Hybrid Format
- Berlin film festival postponed to later in 2021 due to coronavirus
- The Sundance Film Festival Unveils Its 2021 Virtual Lineup
- Berlin Film Festival to Take Place in Two Stages Due to COVID-19
- Berlin Film Festival & EFM Re-Imagined For 2021 Due To Pandemic
- Locarno Film Festival Appoints New Industry Head
- Italian Film Festival in HCM City attracts 500 guests
- Vietnamese film festival underway in Russia
Vietnamese movie “Taste” competes in Berlin International Film Festival have 392 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.