Speaking at the event, head of the association Duong Trung Duc reviewed negative effects caused by COVID-19 for Vietnamese in Macau, saying many lost their jobs and others could not return home due to the postponement of commercial flights.
According to him, receiving assistance from the Vietnamese Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau and recognition of the local administration, the association, established in November last year, has so far operated well and significantly supported Vietnamese expatriates in legal consultations, organization of flights, and unemployment aid, among other aspects.
The gathering aims at reminding the community about their responsibilities for the home country, particularly via building a good image of Vietnamese people overseas and making efforts to overcome obstacles and contribute to Vietnam.
Macau now hosts more than 22,000 from Vietnam or those of the Vietnamese origin. The lion's share of the number are people working as housemaids or at casinos.
- Celebrate Lunar New Year at the Mandarin Oriental
- China greets lunar new year with celebrations, travel rush
- Fifa 18 Winter Upgrades and FUT Lunar New Year update – latest release date news and how they affect Ultimate Team
- Dead Zebra reveals upcoming Year of the Pig Android figurine to celebrate Chinese New Year
- SF’s Chinese New Year Parade celebrates the pig
- Germany’s Merkel Calls For ‘Management of Migration’ in Globalist New Year’s Address
- Should San Diego host more events for Christmas and New Year's?
- Moon and Jupiter Get Together Friday to Celebrate Lunar Landing Anniversary
- It's the Year of the Pig! Google Doodle, White House and More Celebrate
- How Macau Became The World’s Casino Capital
- Another new species named after Barack Obama, but he's got nothing on Sir David Attenborough
- Our Resident Vietnamese Person Judges All The Dishes from Last Night’s
Vietnamese in Macau gather to celebrate Lunar New Year have 288 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.