According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the concept of humane treatment of domestic animals is still new to many people in Vietnam so the administrative fines will be light at first to raise awareness about the law among the public. The punishment was included in Decree 14 issued in 2021 about administrative violations in farming.
Head of the communal police departments and chairman of the people’s committees of all levels have the authority to issue the fines. Individuals could be fined VND1m (USD43) to VND3m if they beat, cage, or neglect their animals. The fine for an organisation is VND6m.
Slaughterhouses that beat animals or do not have any cages to ensure sanitation before slaughtering them will also be fined VND3m to VND5m. The decree also increased the fines from VND30m (USD1,300) to VND50m for those who pump water and other substances into the animals before they are slaughtered.
Depending on the total number of animals being abused, the fines may change. Violators will be fined from VND5m (USD216) to VND10m if the total weight of the animals is under 100kg and up to VND30m to VND50m if the total weight is over one tonne.
The decree will take effect from April 20 and will be applied for pets and farm animals such as dogs, chicken, ducks and cows.
- Volkswagen Vietnam fined for car with nine-dash line
- Citroen ad starring World Cup referee Nigel Owens and fake bear goes viral after being blasted for ‘animal abuse’
- UC Davis under investigation for lab animal deaths
- Winners of Fine Arts Association Awards 2018 honoured
- Animal cruelty could soon become a federal felony
- Chennai dog care centre accused of animal cruelty
- Texas animal cruelty raids net man with 230 pets living in 'deplorable conditions'
- Saigon shelter helps sexually abused children deal with trauma
- Inquiry launched into animal cruelty following revelations about mistreatment of retired racehorses at abattoirs
- Inside zoos where skeletal bear sparks fury and animals are forced to live in filth
- 12 More Real Animals We Can’t Believe Aren't Pokémon
- The Best Movies Where Animals Destroy Humans
Vietnam to fine animal abusers have 368 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.