The Hanoitimes – The situation in Myanmar becomes worse with dozens of protesters killed daily over the past few days.
Vietnam has repatriated nearly 400 Vietnamese citizens from Myanmar following deadly escalations after the military coup in early February.
|Returnees arrive in Danang International Airport. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
Passengers landed in the home country on Thursday afternoon from two flights operated by Vietnam Airlines, the national flag carrier.
The returnees, who are those working and living in many parts of Myanmar, arrived in Danang for quarantine.
Vietnam Airlines said it took days to make the flights possible with the focus on safety measures against the pandemic.
|All crew members and passengers equipped with personal protection equipment.|
All crew members and passengers were required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) during the flight and to undertake compulsory quarantine upon arrival.
Vietnam suspended international flights since March 2020 but it has maintained repatriation flights and Vietnam Airlines is responsible for almost all flights.
In 2020, Vietnam Airlines operated more than 180 flights bringing home more than 52,500 Vietnamese nationals who were stranded in more than 30 countries and territories.
The repatriation of Vietnamese nationals gives priority to children under 18, the elderly, the sick, students having no dormitories, those facing hardships, and special cases.
- Thailand beats Vietnam, Philippines sink Myanmar
- Vietnam big winners in WCup qualifying
- Vietnam fires German Falko Gotz
- Vietnam national football team coach resigns
- Lending a helping hand
- Asian World Cup Qualifying Draw
- China, Saudis through in World Cup qualifying
- J-League looks to extend influence in SE Asia
- SE Asia misses out on Asian Cup
- China, Iran, Qatar win in WCup qualifying
- Palestinian team in next round of WCup qualifiers
- Asian teams starts on road to Brazil 2014
Vietnam repatriate citizens from Myanmar have 269 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.