All five local cases, numbered 2478-2482, were already quarantined when detected with the novel coronavirus.
The two imported cases, patients 2476 and 2477, are women aged 23 in Ho Chi Minh City. They had been quarantined February 28 on entering the country via the Ha Tien International Border Gate in the southern province of Kien Giang.
With three cases in the morning, Vietnam recorded 10 new cases Wednesday. The number of community transmissions since January 28 is now at 870, led by Hai Duong with 689 cases, followed by Quang Ninh (61), HCMC (36) and Hanoi (35).
Ten of the localities have gone nearly 20 days without any local transmission, including HCMC and Quang Ninh, and the latter reopened its Van Don International Airport Wednesday.
Covid-19 has claimed nearly 2.5 million lives globally.
- Malaysia reports new COVID-19 cases at workplace
- US surpasses 400,000 deaths from Covid-19
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 25
- World Insights: COVID-19 pandemic alarming as global cases surpass 90 mln, new variant spread
- BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 19
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 14
- Chaos as air bridge to Costas is axed overnight! Brits in Spain are ordered into 14-day quarantine on their return and trips for thousands hit as essential-only travel advice kicks in after new Covid outbreak – amid warning more countries will follow
- The post-Holiday season COVID surge is SLOWING: COVID cases FALL in 44 states and death rates decline in 18 but Dr. Fauci says 'we have to prepare for the possibility COVID is here to stay'
- 'To heal we must remember': Joe Biden and Kamala Harris pray for the 400,000 Americans who have died of COVID on the eve of the inauguration as buildings light up across the country - and Trump spends his final hours in the White House
- Yet another Communist cover-up: Two WHO scientists are turned back by China over 'positive antibody test' as team arrives in Wuhan to probe Covid's origins - but they will NOT visit virus lab and WILL investigate wet market discredited as 'source'
- Around 1.4 million Britons in Spain face travel chaos as government introduces compulsory two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge'
Vietnam confirms seven new Covid-19 cases have 361 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.