The little girl who was saved in a hair-raising fall from a building in Hanoi last month was discharged from the Vietnam National Children's Hospital on Friday after five days of treatment.
Doctor Hoang Hai Duc, head of pediatric orthopedics at the hospital, said the pelvis joint of H., the child patient in question, was fixed and is responding well to treatment, as suggested by X-ray images.
A re-examination for the three-year-old toddler is slated for two or three weeks later.
On Thursday, Duong Thi Minh Thu, head of the hospital’s social work Ddepartment, visited and gave presents to the girl and checked on her family.
The management board of the hospital also directed the department to provide support for the family during the girl's next check-ups.
On behalf of the family, H.'s mother expressed gratitude toward the treatment that her daughter had received.
Around 5:30 pm on February 28, H. was seen climbing over the balcony on the 12th floor of the apartment building at 60B Nguyen Huy Tuong Street in Thanh Xuan District.
She hung there for a moment before dropping.
The girl was saved by a man, 31-year-old Nguyen Ngoc Manh , who had noticed the situation and dashed up the metal roof of a structure ready to catch her.
Her fall barely missed his arms so she hit the metal roof below before bouncing up, according to what was seen in new videos that surfaced after initial footage of the incident went viral on Facebook.
Manh quickly brought her down to the ground before she was rushed to the hospital with injuries to the pelvis joint.
The man was then praised by the prime minister and the public for his heroic act.
Manh is a delivery worker in Dong Anh District, Hanoi.
- Two-year-old Sophia continues fight having undergone five major heart surgeries
- 90-year-old with Parkinson’s and dementia died two days after being discharged from NNUH with a broken neck
- 'Miracle' boy lost in forest survives fall from cliff in French Alps
- Inspirational girl who survived stroke at four-years-old is running 5K for charity
- Van driver acquitted over death of four-year-old girl he knocked down as she rode scooter along pavement with mum
- Heartbreaking double tragedy as baby born with same baffling symptoms that killed his two-year-old sister
- Five-year-old boy left dangling from fifth floor window by his EAR as fireman describes 'scariest rescue' of 30-year career
- Great Yarmouth woman calls for NHS funding after 87-year-old mother waits eight hours for ambulance
- Stunning 800-year-old manor once owned by Henry VIII goes on the market for first time since painstaking restoration
- Two-year-old tot died from a ‘traumatic heart rupture’ after being crushed by a falling fireplace at his home
- Man falls to his death from flat balcony as 36-year-old is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Horrifying moment schoolgirl, 15, left in coma as 12-year-old slams scrambler bike into her while riding on the pavement
Three-year-old who survived fall from 12th floor discharged from Hanoi hospital have 497 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.