HÀ NỘI – A logo to mark the 50th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between Việt Nam and Switzerland, jointly designed by the two embassies, was launched in Hà Nội on Thursday.
Swiss Ambassador Ivo Sieber said at the media briefing held with the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs that: "Việt Nam's remarkable progress combined with Switzerland's long term engagement resulted in a partnership that makes me proud to look back and confident for the future."
Đinh Toàn Thắng, General Director of the Europe Department, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said: "The greatest achievements that Việt Nam and Switzerland have gained in half a century are our mutual trust and understanding, our sharing of common values and particularly the connection of people from both countries".
A series of activities are planned throughout the year to commemorate the anniversary.
If the COVID-19 situation is well controlled, Switzerland plans a high-level visit to Viet Nam with the dates to be determined. Another highlight will be the inauguration of the Swiss-funded ‘Geneva Conference Room’ at the Diplomatic Academy later this year.
Cultural activities planned for this year include a performance of The Soldier's Tale by Swiss writer Charles Ferdinand Ramuz at the French Institute Hà Nội – L’Espace on April 16 and 17, while the works of Vietnamese-Swiss photographer Nguyễn Thị Mỹ Liên will be exhibited at Photo Hanoi 21 , at Hà Nội’s Vincom Centre for Contemporary Art from May 8 to June 5.
Vietnamese-Swiss relations have developed strongly over the past 50 years, extending beyond the political and the multilateral sphere to technical and economic co-operation, trade and investment, research and science, culture, tourism and people to people contacts.
In 2020, Swiss direct investment in Việt Nam amounted to over CHF1.6 billion (more than VNĐ40 trillion). More than 100 Swiss companies are active in the country.
Engaging in a technical and economic cooperation partnership with Việt Nam since 1991, the Swiss government has disbursed more than CHF600 million (nearly VNĐ15 trillion) to support Việt Nam's socio-economic development. VNS
- Viet Nam – Hungary trade hits record of $1 billion
- Viet Nam: Back with a vengeance in 2021
- Party’s external relations help to fulfil Party Congress targets
- Việt Nam aims to become a socialist-oriented developed nation by mid-21st century
- New Zealand reaffirms commitment to enhance partnership with Việt Nam
- Việt Nam hopes all countries will contribute to peace and stability in the South China Sea: Spokesperson
- Việt Nam – Hungary trade hits record of $1 billion
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to visit Việt Nam
- Party Congress to greatly influence Việt Nam’s development: Moroccan Ambassador
- Việt Nam: Back with a vengeance in 2021
- Reunification Day: Việt Nam's strong aspiration for peace
- Nam Định a top destination for a weekend getaway
Switzerland and Việt Nam celebrate half a century of diplomatic relations have 490 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.