According to the ministry’s report, one of the new patients is a 43-year-old Chinese expert who arrived at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City on February 19. He was sent to a quarantine area in Binh Duong Province upon arrival and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on March 4. He is being treated at the Binh Duong Provincial General Hospital.
Five other patients are Vietnamese people who recently entered the country through Ha Tien Border Gate in the southern province of Kien Giang and Moc Bai Border Gate in Tay Ninh Province. They were also sent to local quarantine areas upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,494, including 879 locally-transmitted cases reported since the new outbreak started in Hai Duong on January 28. Hai Duong Province alone has recorded 695 cases.
As of 6 pm on March 5, a total of 1,920 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, nearly 50,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
- Mayo clinic study shows patients don't use opioids as often as they're prescribed
- Belfast Trust recalls 2,500 neurology patients following review of consultant's work
- Outstanding health service staff to be celebrated in NHS Patients Awards
- Protests planned as Trump visit to UK confirmed for Friday July 13
- Trump visit to UK confirmed for Friday the 13th of July
- McConnell looks forward to confirming Pompeo
- MU men's, women's basketball teams add commits Friday
- Twenty years after the Good Friday Agreement, Northern Ireland's future is imperilled by Brexit
- Northern Ireland parents receive school confirmation letters
- Senate confirms Rep. Jim Bridenstine R-OK as NASA Administrator
- People expect gov’t to provide security — Friday
- Sankofa Gardening Homes: Getting ready for Good Friday
Six more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Friday have 342 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.