Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has instructed relevant agencies to start giving Covid-19 vaccinations this week.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.|
He spoke at the cabinet's monthly regular meeting on March 1.
The PM said the Government had been very responsible in providing a peaceful Tet holiday for the people. The Politburo and the Secretariat of the Communist Party of Vietnam praised the Government's high level of responsibility in ensuring an abundant supply of goods, and keeping prices stable for the holiday.
The PM also said that after the lunar New Year holiday, the country launched an opening ceremony for tree planting festivals, calling for people to plant trees.
The recent third Covid-19 wave affected key economic regions in northern Vietnam such as the provinces of Hai Duong, Hai Phong, and Quang Ninh as well as Hanoi. Thanks to the government's serious measures, the epidemic has been basically controlled. New cases of Covid-19 are only being recorded in Kim Thanh district in Hai Duong.
“We have basically controlled the third wave and have been highly praised by the world in our success in preventing and controlling the spread of Covid-19,” the PM said.
He emphasized that Vietnam has imported vaccines, but the fighting spirit still must be based on the principle of “vaccine plus 5K”, a government message about five preventive measures.
The Prime Minister asked the Ministry of Health to first vaccinate the poor, families of those who were devoted to the country, and eight other categories named in the Government’s resolution on vaccination.
The Ministry of Health was asked by the PM to implement vaccination this week and to continue stamping out the outbreak in Kim Thanh district in Hai Duong province.
At the same time, promoting business to achieve the dual goals of controlling the epidemic and developing the economy must be a priority, the government head said.
According to the PM, this is the last meeting of the government for the 14th term, so he asked ministries, agencies, and local authorities to focus on important, urgent and immediate tasks. Accordingly, they have to solve remaining tasks under their responsibilities within this term.
Ho Van – Lien Anh
- Vietnamese PM urges strengthening COVID-19 fight
- Coronavirus hits Premier League: Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta, Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi test positive for Covid-19
- Don't hold your breath for a coronavirus vaccine... by the time they find one, it could all be over
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce they developed coronavirus vaccine: Report
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce it developed coronavirus vaccine
- Coronavirus latest: Italy seeks EU permission for extra borrowing
- Grievances of quarantined at Pakistan House
- Coronavirus latest: Germany announces first deaths from virus
- Coronavirus: WHO declares coronavirus outbreak a pandemic
- Peter Dutton tests positive to coronavirus as Australians told not to go to ‘mass gatherings’
- US President Donald Trump declares national emergency in response to coronavirus crisis
- Coronavirus: Is Germany doing enough to slow the outbreak?
Prime Minister orders start of Covid-19 vaccinations this week have 487 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.