Dr. Duong Huu Thai, director of the Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC), will be part of a research team receiving training on the testing process and the recruitment of volunteers who will participate in the first phase of human trials for Covivac, the nation's second potential COVID-19 vaccine.
Ahead of the trials, Hanoi Medical University has prepared all necessary facilities for vaccine injections, volunteer monitoring, and emergency aid.
The representative from the Hanoi Medical University stated that the clinical trial area will be located on the third floor of the university's dormitory, while all accommodation, medicines, and equipment for human trials has been prepared in line with standards set out by the Ministry of Health.
According to the schedule, volunteers will remain at the clinical trial area for a period of 24 hours after receiving their shots and will be subject to strict health observations by the research team.
Covivac is a homegrown vaccine that has been researched and developed by IVAC. Indeed, it will be the nation's second COVID-19 vaccine to be clinically tested on humans.
The first shot of Covivac vaccine in the first phase of clinical trials will be given to volunteers by mid-March. According to the initial assessment, Covivac is effective against the new SARS-CoV-2 strain detected in the UK and South Africa. Moving forward, IVAC plans to offer the Covivac vaccine at a price of VND60,000 per dose.
Meanwhile, as the first domestically-produced COVID-19 vaccine, Nanocovax, developed by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC, has now moved onto its second phase of human trials.
At present, another local vaccine researcher named the Vaccine and Biological Production Company (Vabiotech) is in the process of preparing to submit documents to participate in clinical trials.
- Hope for cystic fibrosis patients as 'impressive' three-drug trial 'significantly' improves lung function and more than halves flare-ups for people with the most common type
- Jury selection gets underway in Hernandez murder trial
- Latest on Boston trial: Jury deliberations done for the day
- A day in the life of Jessica Eye as she prepares for Miesha Tate
- Cunningham, Meyers Taylor win openers at US trials
- Winston questions overshadow Seminoles’ preparation for ACC title game
- Hockey great Gordie Howe makes gritty fight back from stroke
- Rocky rollout for Warren’s single payer pitch
- Pistorius arrives at psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation
- Injury, comeback force reboot on Manning story line
- Patriots safety Chung signed to three-year contract extension
- Jose Bautista’s Next Level Training Tool
Preparations underway for first phase of clinical trials for Covivac vaccine have 404 words, post on vov.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.