PM orders injection of Covid-19 vaccines from this week
The Saigon Times
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (standing) speaks at a regular Cabinet meeting on March 2. He has instructed that residents be given the Covid-19 vaccines from this week – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – At a regular Cabinet meeting on March 2, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc asked the Ministry of Health to inject those announced earlier by the Government as priority residents with the Covid-19 vaccines from this week.
The budget must be ensured so that all Vietnamese people receive the vaccines, PM Phuc noted, adding that the healthcare sector and other relevant agencies must quickly and seriously fulfill this duty, the local media reported.
Commenting on the fight against the pandemic, especially in Hai Duong, Haiphong, Quang Ninh, Hanoi and HCMC, the Government leader said the pandemic has been controlled in the country, except for Hai Duong's Kim Thanh District.
He reiterated the Government's view that injecting vaccines, wearing face masks, spraying disinfectants, maintaining a physical distance, limiting gatherings and making health declarations are the most important solutions to combat Covid-19.
He asked ministries, agencies and localities to continue making strong efforts in the Covid-19 prevention and control drive.
The prime minister also ordered the control of the pandemic at the Kim Thanh hotspot. Moreover, production and business activities should be enhanced to achieve the targets set for the first half of the year and the whole year.
Regarding the country's socioeconomic performance in the first two months of the year, PM Phuc said the country's import-export turnover reached US$95.8 billion, up 24.5% year-on-year. The export revenue grew nearly 23.2% to US$48.6 billion, while US$47.1 billion was spent on imports, up 25.9%, resulting in a trade surplus of US$1.3 billion.
Additionally, the number of newly-established enterprises was 18,100, registering a total capital of VND334.8 trillion, edging up 4% and 52%, respectively.
According to a report by the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the country's consumer price index grew 1.52% against the previous month, the highest for the month over the past eight years.
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 164
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area’s death toll reaches 900 lives lost to COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Growing number of kids infected with COVID-19, deadly inflammation
- £5 wonder drug dexamethasone that ‘cuts risk of coronavirus death by THIRD in sickest patients’ now available on NHS
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area businesses see one of nation’s highest pandemic closure rates
- Coronavirus live updates: California hospitalizations continue downward trend
- Coronavirus live updates: 5 million coronavirus cases in US, most in world
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 7-8
PM orders injection of Covid-19 vaccines from this week have 457 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.