Assessing the implementation of the socio-economic development plan in the first two months of the year, the PM said outcomes have surpassed the figures reported earlier to the National Assembly, most notably those regarding public debt, budget overspending and collection, reserves, and major economic balances.
Vietnam has successfully fulfilled the dual goals of containing the COVID-19 pandemic and boosting production and business and ensuring normal social activities in the new context, he said.
The PM attributed the results to the engagement of the entire political system and the outstanding efforts of the business community and people nationwide, with significant contributions from the Government and its members, ministries, agencies, and localities.
Regarding key tasks in the time ahead, he stressed the need to optimise the opportunities and stay resolved to complete the tasks set for the first half of this year and the year as a whole, saying the first job is to realise the resolution adopted at the 13th National Party Congress.
More effort is needed to fight the pandemic and carry forward the "5K" principle – Khau trang (Facemasks) – Khu khuan (Disinfecting) – Khoang cach (Keeping distance) – Khong tap trung dong nguoi (No gatherings) – Khai bao y te (Medical declarations), and maintaining vigilance during the fight, he said.
He ordered the acceleration of vaccine provision for priority groups, including the poor, social policy beneficiaries, and at-risk people.
Given the difficulties facing businesses, Phuc urged ministries and agencies to further remove obstacles, promote production and business, and speed up socio-economic recovery, targeting growth of 6.5%.
He noted the need to select quality FDI sources amid the trend of inflow investment.
The PM also asked ministries and agencies to review and adjust current support packages and soon propose new packages to assist businesses and people in difficult circumstances.
The Minister of Planning and Investment presented a supplementary report to the meeting assessing the implementation of the socio-economic development plan in 2020.
Exports grew 7%; 1% higher than the previously reported figure. The urban unemployment rate stood at 3.88%; lower than the reported figure of 4.39%.
National GDP growth was 2.91% and per capita income US$2,779; both higher than the figures reported earlier.
- Outstanding Performers Focus on Important but Not Urgent Tasks
- Madhya Pradesh: Jyotiraditya Scindia writes to PM Narendra Modi for urgent flood relief funds
- Ambode and Lagos APC need mediators urgently
- Russia to Catch Up With US, Israel in Drone Creation Soon - Deputy PM
- Boris Johnson admits he has just FIVE WEEKS to get a Brexit deal: PM softens his tone in talks with Leo Varadkar saying he wants an agreement before rebel law forces a delay on October 19 - and No Deal would be 'failure'
- Here's What You Need to Know About the New Climate Agreement
- PM calls for upholding Dien Bien Phu victory spirit for development
- Phu Yen takes urgent measures against illegal fishing
- Need to Improve Your Memory? Always Losing Your Keys?
- IISF begins in Kolkata: Scientists have responsibility towards future, long-term solutions needed, says PM Modi
- 10 Ways to Cope With Life's Unpleasant Tasks
- ‘It’s a pretty simple question’: Deputy PM grilled over drought funding plan
PM: More effort needed to complete urgent tasks have 506 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.