Kien Giang (VNA) – The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang gained more than 103 million USD from exports in the first two month of the year, surging 12 percent from the same time in 2020.
This is a robust sign in the locality's trade activities amidst complicated developments of COVID-19.
According to the provincial Department of Industry and Trade, growth was seen in the shipment of seafood (over 37 million USD, up 25.6 percent), and leather shoes (over 22.6 million USD, up nearly 3 percent). Meanwhile, export of rice fell 35.37 percent year-on-year to 17 million USD.
With a view to boosting exports, the province has sharpened focus on trade promotion activities, as well as worked to consolidate traditional markets and expanding markets for local key products, particularly rice and seafood.
In the meantime, the department keeps local exporters updated with the import-export situation and measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 through goods which go through border gates or unofficial border crossings.
It has provided local firms with domestic and foreign market information so that they can pen suitable production plan.
The provincial authorities have ordered the Department of Industry and Trade to join hands with competent departments and agencies to keep a close watch on the business and exports of local firms so as to remove bottlenecks for them in a timely manner.
Along with seeking more markets for local products, the department has worked to raise the firms' awareness of the signed free trade agreement, helping them adjust their production to meet import demands of international buyers./.
- Vietnam aims to complete export turnover goal for 2019
- Two-month pepper export turnover reaches US$138.8 million
- Vietnam among top five global textile exporters
- Vietnam’s wood exports likely to reach 11 bln USD in 2019
- Hanoi’s export revenue hits 15 billion USD in 11 months
- Vietnam's catfish export price drops
- Garment export target of $40 billion a long shot
- Vietnam's textile-garment industry expands 7.55 percent in 2019
- Textile-garment industry expands 7.55 percent in 2019
- Aquatic export enjoys 29.5% growth in Jan-Feb
- Vietnam targets 10 billion USD from fruit, vegetable exports
- Textile-Garment sector unlikely to obtain export target set for 2019
Kien Giang’s export turnover picks up 12 percent have 347 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.