Kien Giang (VNA) – Boasting 200 km of coastline and 143 islands, the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang is striving to branch out its maritime sector and become a sea-based economic powerhouse by 2025. GRDP ) during the year, he added. strong fleet , the province's annual seafood output tops 500,000 tonnes and its aquaculture yield was estimated at more than 264,100 tonnes in 2020.
Furthermore, due attention will be paid to high-tech aquaculture, the development of quality staples with high economic value, and measures to prevent illegal fishing.
The province will sharpen its focus on tourism infrastructure at key attractions, including Phu Quoc Island, which is to become a world-class marine eco-tourism services hub.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta seeks investment in tourism facilities
- How costly would inner-European border controls be?
- Agribank lends over 219 million USD to develop hi-tech agriculture
- We don’t see ourselves coming into this market to compete with Indian media: NYT Global CEO Mark Thompson
- Independence referendum to be held in Papua New Guinea province of Bougainville
- Where Trump's new China tariffs will hit consumers
- Joe Hildebrand on why the climate kids can’t win
- The 100 best movies of the 2010s
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- Boris Johnson's final masterplan for a Brexit deal is revealed: EU envoy delivers five-point alternative to the backstop to Brussels - as Number 10 warns PM will BOYCOTT summit if leaders reject it
- 19 Amazing Books That Prove Indie Presses Deserve Your Attention
Kien Giang keen to become sea-based economic powerhouse by 2025 have 258 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.