Two flights, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Vietnamese Embassy in Myanmar and Vietnam Airlines, brought the Vietnamese citizens from Myanmar to central Da Nang City.
A Thursday press release by the foreign ministry said repatriated citizens include those below 18 years of age, the elderly, those with underlying conditions and others in dire circumstances.
Covid-19 prevention measures, including medical declarations, body temperature checks and wearing protective equipment were deployed throughout the flight to prevent coronavirus infection.
After landing in Da Nang, citizens were quarantined at centralized quarantine zones run by the military in Da Nang and central Quang Nam Province, the Da Nang Center for Disease Control (CDC) said.
Myanmar is experiencing a period of political instability after its army seized power and detained government leader Aung San Suu Kyi and much of her party leadership last month. Protests have broke out nationwide and at least 50 people have been killed.
- Rohingya Muslims Flee Myanmar Amid Military Operation in Rakhine
- State Department says it has repatriated 9,000 Americans amid coronavirus pandemic
- The Latest: Myanmar confirms 2 cases of coronavirus
- Desperate ER doctor whose viral post blasting government over dwindling supplies amid the coronavirus says it is 'the calm before the storm' in hospitals and thanks Americans for donating home-made masks and gloves
- Desperate American woman finally gets flight out of Peru amid pandemic
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
- Food security must be ensured in every circumstance: PM
- Up to one million Brits stranded abroad and UK working to bring them all home, Raab reveals
- Guatemala turns tables, blocking U.S. deportations because of coronavirus
- NA Chairwoman praises great national solidarity for COVID-19 fight
- Trade ministry seeks to reverse rice export suspension
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 16
Hundreds of Vietnamese repatriated from Myanmar amid political instability have 273 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.