HCMC says no to proposal to stop bus advertising
The Saigon Times
|A bus on a street in HCMC displays advertisements. The HCMC government has turned down the municipal Department of Transport's proposal to stop bus advertising – PHOTO: LDO|
HCMC – The HCMC government has turned down the municipal Department of Transport's proposal to stop bus advertising, asking relevant departments and agencies to negotiate with firms to extend contracts.
HCMC Vice Chairman Le Hoa Binh also assigned the municipal Department of Transport to consult the HCMC government over adjusting bus advertising plans to make them suitable to the public transport network and keep up with the demands of advertising firms, according to a dispatch sent to the municipal departments of Culture-Sport, Transport and Finance by the HCMC government office.
The decision came following the HCMC Department of Finance's proposal to continue bus advertising, the local media reported.
The HCMC Department of Finance said that since 2018, the city has earned over VND57.3 billion from bus advertising, exclusive of the value-added tax and corporate income tax from the HCMC Public Transport Management Center totaling over VND16.1 billion.
If the city stops bus advertising, transport operators and owners of buses on non-subsidized routes will see their revenues reduce, according to the Finance Department.
Earlier, the HCMC Department of Transport proposed the city stop bus advertising due to low demand. From 2017 to 2019, only one business won the bid for the right to advertise on buses in the city.
- USD43.47-million Hanoi 600 bus stop shelter project proposed
- $43.47-million Hanoi 600 bus stop shelter project proposed
- Hà Nội to build 270 bus shelters, upgrade 330
- Hanoi to build 270 bus shelters, upgrade 330
- Health authority in HCMC issues warning on Covid-19 prevention in hospitals
- HCMC pushes ahead with 'Vietnam's Silicon Valley' plan
- No shortage of fuel in HCMC
- At least 8 people killed in Wajir bus attack
- Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook is in a fake news 'arms race' against Russia, Iran and China as he bids to stop electoral interference and misinformation about coronavirus and 5G masts
- Obese bus driver who was furloughed because his 24st weight put him in the 'high risk' category reveals he's shed 6st in seven weeks after ditching his 8,000 calorie-a-day junk food habit
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak 'will STOP firms furloughing more staff' as Bank of England says economy is 'nudging up from the floor' and Government looks to flexi-working to get UK 'back up and running'
- Ohio School Bus Drivers Pay Tribute to Graduating Seniors
HCMC says no to proposal to stop bus advertising have 406 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.