HCMC quarantines people arriving from Haiphong, Binh Duong
The Saigon Times
|Street D35 in Thuan An City, Binh Duong Province, is under lockdown due to a new Covid-19 case. People traveling to HCMC from Covid-19-hit areas in Haiphong City and Binh Duong Province have to self-quarantine at home for 14 days – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The HCMC Center for Disease Control last night, March 26, made an announcement requesting people traveling to HCMC from Covid-19-hit areas in Haiphong City and Binh Duong Province to self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
The city will closely monitor those who arrive from Le Hong Phong Street in Ngo Quyen District's Dang Giang Ward in Haiphong City and others from Street D35 in the Viet Sing residential area in Binh Duong Province's Thuan An City.
The HCDC has also requested people arriving in HCMC from the two areas to have their samples taken for Covid-19 testing, the local media reported.
The two localities reported new Covid-19 patients on March 26. The Covid-19 patient in Binh Duong Province is a 44-year-old Chinese man who entered the country illegally through the Moc Bai Border Gate in Tay Ninh Province on March 23 and then traveled to Binh Duong Province. He tested positive for the virus on March 25.
Meanwhile, the Covid-19 case in Haiphong City is a female resident of Kien Thuy District, aged 26. She returned to Phu Quoc City illegally on March 22 and then flew to Hanoi City and traveled to Haiphong City. The woman tested positive for Covid-19 on March 26.
Besides Binh Duong and Haiphong City, HCMC is quarantining and testing people arriving from Noi Hop Hamlet in Le Ninh Commune and Thuong Chieu residential area in Tan Dan Commune in Hai Duong Province's Kinh Mon District.
- Binh Duong works to speed up COVID-19 vaccination
- Vietnam records 11,575 new Covid-19 cases, Binh Duong surpasses HCMC
- Binh Duong expects 120,000 coronavirus cases in next two weeks
- Binh Duong to need VND12trn to cope with Covid-19
- Binh Duong extends social distancing as COVID-19 cases keep rising
- Binh Duong firms halt stay-at-work model due to Covid-19 outbreak
- PM asks Binh Duong to quickly conduct COVID-19 testing for residents
- PM inspects COVID-19 treatment facilities in Binh Duong
- HCMC actively exploits technologies to support vulnerable people in Covid fight
- HCMC evacuates 2,000 residents from high risk Covid areas
- Affordable housing in HCMC is out of reach for low-income earners
- People sell properties at loss as pandemic hits incomes
HCMC quarantines people arriving from Haiphong, Binh Duong have 398 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.