HCMC proposes developing five new railway lines
The Saigon Times
|A train is seen running on a rail track. The government of HCMC is working on a plan to propose the development of five new railway lines – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The government of HCMC is working on a plan to propose the development of five new railway lines, with a focus on high-speed train routes, to cope with a high freight growth rate in the city.
These five railway lines include the HCMC-My Tho-Can Tho route; the HCMC-Tay Ninh route connected with the HCMC-My Tho-Can Tho route at the Tan Chanh Hiep Station in HCMC; the Thu Thiem-Long Thanh airport route; a high-speed railway on the north-south route, with sections with high demand such as HCMC-Nha Trang to be developed first.
The fifth route is a double-track rail line connecting the national railway line to the Hiep Phuoc Port in HCMC and the Long An international terminal.
This plan is part of a scheme, which was recently passed by the city's government, to develop the logistics sector in the city until 2025 with a vision toward 2030, the Office of the municipal government announced on March 3, reported Sai Gon Giai Phong newspaper.
According to the scheme, the logistics costs of some sectors in HCMC remained high. For instance, the seafood sector's logistics costs accounted for 30% of its operation costs. Roads within HCMC and those linking the city with major economic zones in the south are facing overloading, thus extending the time needed to transport goods and raising logistics costs.
- Bangkok transit map to feature new Grey Line
- Croatia PM reshuffles cabinet, proposes six new ministers
- Japan brings subway and new railway to Metro Manila
- China to build 127 key special railway lines by 2020
- Economic Affairs Ministry to focus on developing new industries
- Russia claims to have developed new tank attacks — but the US has been doing these for decades
- Citaglobal Airports' proposal for new LCCT was supported by AirAsia
- Any proposal for new LCCT must be resubmitted: Loke
- Conglomerate proposes development of Thanlyin industrial park
- Bangkok property hyper-booms along new rail lines
- IBM develops new technology to help prevent power outages
- Researchers develop new compound that could help treat ovarian cancer
HCMC proposes developing five new railway lines have 362 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.