He made the request while inspecting the city’s training of athletes and preparations for the competitions, as Hanoi will be the venue for the opening and closing ceremonies, and the competition of 25 out of 40 sport events in SEA Games 31 and all activities during ASEAN Para Games 11.
Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Culture and Sports Tran Thi Van Anh said almost all departments, agencies and authorities of Hanoi's districts and communes have built their own plans on repairing and upgrading existing sport facilities at a total cost of over VND597 billion (US$25.9 million), which is funded by the city's budget. The work is expected to be completed before September 30 this year.
The city set the goal of earning 38-40 golds, or over 30 percent of gold medals targeted by the Vietnamese team, 30-32 silvers and 28-30 bronzes.
Hanoi leader Hue also asked for studying mechanisms and policies to recruit foreign coaches and talented athletes.
- Squad numbers revealed for Vietnam’s U22 team ahead of SEA Games 30
- Taekwondo performers target golds at SEA Games
- Seeing-off ceremony for southern athletes to SEA Games 30
- New Video Games Out This Week: Shenmue 3, Narcos, and More
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain review – greatest stealth game ever made
- Gaming Deals Black Friday 2019: The Best Live Offers
- US supports Vietnam and ASEAN’s stance on East Sea issue
- Vietnamese, Chinese defence ministers hold talks in Hanoi
- Party chief highlights importance of economic diplomatic works
- Vietnam’s female national football team ready to defend SEA Games title
- Sea Of Thieves' The Seabound Soul Update Now Live
- Asian Games 2018: Tajinderpal Singh Toor Clinches Men's Shot Put Gold With Record Throw
Hanoi leader inspects works for SEA Games 31, ASEAN Para Games 11 have 269 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.