The People's Court of Ho Chi Minh City handed down the suspended sentence to Duong Tuan Hau, an employee of Vietnam Airlines, for "spreading dangerous infectious diseases to humans", under the 2015 Penal Code.
Hau breached the country's 14-day quarantine regulations and met other people following his flight from Japan in November.
Such deeds by Hau are serious and dangerous to society, affecting lives and health, and must be handled strictly, the judge said.
Total losses in the case were estimated at over 4.47 billion VND, while more than 2,000 people in HCM City had to undergo quarantine at State-designated establishments or at home, the indictment read./.
- Reopening schools fully in September could spread Covid-19 from Devon to Cumbria and infect hundreds of families, Sage scientists fear
- Will the protests spread COVID-19? The police response is the more likely culprit
- Coronavirus NSW: Study shows children aren’t spreading COVID-19 to other kids
- American Airlines will resume booking flights to capacity, as COVID-19 cases soar
- Nepal PM blames Indians for spreading COVID-19
- UCH security, attendants demand equal COVID-19 allowance with doctors
- Coronavirus: 'Circulating air' may have spread COVID-19 to 1,500 German meat plant staff
- D.L. Hughley Says He Spread COVID-19 to His Radio Show Team
- Brazil Reports Record High Daily COVID-19 Cases
- Health Authorities Aim to Build Alternative to COVID-19 Nationalism
- Beijing Returns to Lockdown After 106 COVID-19 Cases Reported in Recent Days
- COVID-19 in Africa: The need to improve communication
Flight attendant sentenced for spreading COVID-19 have 233 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.