Ho Chi Minh City and other localities in southern Vietnam have entered a four-day period of scorching weather, with temperatures reaching 35 degrees Celsius.
The region is no longer affected by unseasonal rain brought about by enhanced cold spells, the southern hydro-meteorological center said, adding that the weather has become much hotter in many provinces and cities.
In Ho Chi Minh City, average temperatures will be at 34 to 35 degrees Celsius, but the real feel can be higher.
In such provinces as Binh Phuoc, Binh Duong, and Dong Nai, the highest temperature is forecast to reach 35 degrees Celsius.
It will also be more than 35 degrees Celsius in some areas.
The weather pattern is expected to last from March 3 to 7.
The hottest time of the day is between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, exacerbated by low humidity in the atmosphere.
The UV Index in the region will remain at a 'very high' level in the coming days.
Local residents are advised to wear jackets, sunglasses, hats, face masks, and sunscreen, while staying hydrated when they are outside in daytime.
The evening would be a more appropriate time for outdoor activities as the temperature will decrease rapidly toward the end of the day.
- Thousands Still Without Power In LA As Heat Wave Scorches Region
- Australia's east coast to be smashed by a heat wave with Sydney to hit 29C on Thursday – but the hottest weather in months will bring wild winds and dust storms
- Manhattan Heat Waves Sign of City Scorchers to Come
- 8 U.S. national forests to temporarily close amid dangerous heat wave
- Major winter storm to blast Rockies as heat wave, dry weather fuels wildfire threat out West
- Early winter storm hits Colorado after temperatures plummet following record heat wave
- How climate change is fueling record-breaking California wildfires, heat and smog
- Farmers in Germany feel the heat of climate change
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 24
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 21
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 27
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 1
Days-long heat wave bakes southern Vietnam have 333 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.