Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, group G teams competing in World Cup Asian qualifiers will play their final matches at a centralized venue. United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Thailand are both candidates to host the remaining matches, with a high chance Asian Football Confederation would choose the former, which can fulfill all requirements pertaining to stadiums, training locations, accommodation as well as Covid-19 prevention measures.
At a meeting with assistant coaches on Wednesday, Park said: “We must prepare right away. First we must analyze our opponents Indonesia, Malaysia and UAE. Second, we mush research weather conditions in UAE. I will ask Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) to select a training location with similar weather as UAE.”
In summer, the weather in UAE is known to be very hot and humid. Playing football under such conditions could drain player stamina at a fast rate.
The national team is expected to gather for training in May. They will play Indonesia on June 7, before clashing with Malaysia on the 11th and UAE on the 15th.
Vietnam is topping group G with 11 points in five unbeaten games. The Golden Dragons need at least seven points in their last three games to secure a place in the next qualification round.
- Newcastle's Almiron leads Paraguay squad for World Cup qualifiers
- North American qualifying for 2022 World Cup delayed
- Vietnam suspends national team call-up as World Cup Asian qualifiers delayed again
- South Africa reveal scope of random drug testing at Rugby World Cup
- Ubisoft announces first-ever Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six World Cup
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020: Full schedule, match timings, squads and all you need to know
- Asian Cup qualifiers: Iran, Qatar book berth; China wait
- Mercy Akide-Udoh: What stood against us at Sweden ’95 World Cup
- BREAKING: Italy sack Ventura after failure to qualify for World Cup
- Rainbow Six will kick off its first World Cup tournament in Summer 2021
- Dota vu: Valve’s world cup of e-sports is having another moment in the spotlight
- Eoin Morgan calls for new dynamic as England begin to adapt for 2023 World Cup
Coach Park worries about weather condition at World Cup qualifiers have 331 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.