HÀ NỘI — A book on the 70 years of Việt Nam-Russia relations was launched in Moscow recently.
The book consists of five parts including 700 images and documents classified into diplomatic events and co-operation activities between the two countries in politics, economy, defence-security, culture, education, science, and people-to-people diplomacy.
The book was compiled by Vietnamese Ambassador to Russia Ngô Đức Mạnh to promote relations between the two countries.
"In my new position, I have favourable conditions to turn my wish into reality. I have collected, systematised and compiled the book,” said the ambassador at the book launching ceremony last weekend in Moscow.
Attending the ceremony were representatives of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Federation Council, State Duma, administrations of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and other localities, as well as local scholars, people and Vietnamese expatriates.
Speaking at the event, ambassador Mạnh said the book is a gift of gratitude for leaders, people, and readers of the two countries, which, he said, shared a traditional friendship of closeness, trust, mutual understanding and support during the wartime and in the current national construction cause.
The 624-page book gives an overview of the Việt Nam-Russia ties and introduces Vietnamese President Hồ Chí Minh's activities in Russia, who set the foundation for bilateral relations.
In the book's introduction, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affair Phạm Bình Minh wrote today’s Việt Nam-Russia relations have inherited from the Việt Nam-Soviet Union relationship with the precious assets of sincere affection, and mutual support and assistance, forging a strong and loyal friendship between the two nations.
Russia was the first country that Việt Nam established a strategic partnership in 2001 and a comprehensive strategic partnership in 2012.
Chairwoman of the Federation Council Valentina Matviyenko stated the friendship, formed when Việt Nam was fighting to safeguard its independence years ago, has been fortified over the past years and become a common asset of both nations. — VNS
- US accuses Russia of trying to interfere with 2016 election
- George Soros: Russia poses existential threat to Europe
- Russian Embassy Warns of Cancellation of Russia's Aeroflot Flights From London to Moscow
- Moscow Mayor Opens Largest Coronavirus Clinic in Country
- 2017 holiday books gift guide
- Best summer books 2018, as picked by writers and cultural figures – part two
- Best Australian books of 2018 – chosen by Guardian staff
- Russia, US move past Cold War to unpredictable conflict
- Moscow goes into lockdown, rest of Russia braces for same
- BBC World Service fears losing information war as Russia Today ramps up pressure
- Moscow is accused of hiding military spies among a group of doctors it had sent to Italy's coronavirus epicentre
- Fake news or the truth? Russia cracks down on virus postings
Book on VN-Russia relationship launched in Moscow have 472 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.