|The houses are for poor and near-poor households and those from ethnic minority groups in Dak Rong, Huong Hoa, Cam Lo, Gio Linh, and Vinh Linh districts (Photo: VNA)|
Quang Tri – Construction of 106 houses in natural disaster-hit areas worth 14.3 billion VND (615,000 USD) began in the central province of Quang Tri on March 5, funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The houses are for poor and near-poor households and those from ethnic minority groups in Dak Rong, Huong Hoa, Cam Lo, Gio Linh, and Vinh Linh districts, which were all hit by flooding and landslides last year. They are scheduled for completion by May 24.
Addressing the ground-breaking ceremony, Permanent Vice Chairman of the Quang Tri People's Committee Ha Sy Dong asked local authorities and beneficiaries to coordinate closely to ensure that the houses are completed on time with high quality.
The province will continue to mobilise resources for the construction of public works serving local people, he went on, especially those in mountainous and ethnic minority areas and those prone to natural disasters.
The historic flooding last October in Quang Tri killed 53 people and left two missing, while destroying more than 2,000 houses and inundating 110,000 others. Total losses were estimated at over 4.25 trillion VND (183 million USD).
- After Coronavirus: Countries Like UK Need to ‘Build Resilient Local Supply Chains’ Says Economist
- Building dense cities was California’s cure for the housing crisis. Then came coronavirus
- What's your emotional style? How your responses can help children navigate this crisis
- Readiness to seek psychological help is higher in the west as compared to India: Dr. William Kassler
- Housing: the black hole at the centre of British society
- ADB approves USD 1.5 bn loan to India to fight COVID-19
- ADB approves $1.5 bn loan to India to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Milwaukee Neighborhood Pushes Toward Climate Resilience
- One day, you might live in a 3D-printed house
- To survive this pandemic, we need to build new resiliency
- Building material industry reinforces, waiting for end of Covid-19 pandemic
- No food, no shelter, no livelihood: families in Mozambique hit by Cyclone Idai
ADB helps build resilient houses for disaster-hit families in Quang Tri have 333 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.