VinFast has just become the 57th automaker to receive a licence to test self-driving electric vehicles in California, the US.
The company said its three SUV models VF31, VF32 and VF33 met the highest global safety standards including five-star ratings from the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the European New Car Assessment Programme.
As required in the US, electric vehicles with autonomous technology are required to carry out testing procedures and secure an Autonomous Test Vehicle Permit (ATVP) by the California Vehicle Administration.
Automakers, including big names such as Apple, Tesla, BMW, and Volkswagen according to California’s Department of Motor Vehicles website, have also secured their licences to test run their vehicles in the Golden State, the world’s largest technology and innovation hub.
All three of the company’s models are to be equipped with level 2-3 autonomous features, which include 30 smart features divided into seven groups: intelligent steering assist system, lane control system, active journey control system, multi-point collision warning system, comprehensive collision mitigation system, intelligent automated parking system and driver monitoring system.
Models VF32 and VF33 will be sold in the US, Canada and Europe markets from 2022. The launch of high-tech electric vehicles, including electric scooters, electric buses and personal electric cars, is part of VinFast’s pre-defined roadmap since entering the automotive market three years ago.
Customers can start ordering the cars in May this year in Viet Nam and in November in the US, Canada and the EU.
In Viet Nam, Vietnamese automakers also started to install electric vehicle charging stations at commercial centres at Vinhomes Ocean Park, Vincom Long Bien in Ha Noi to serve the first electric cars produced, expected to be available this year.
VinFast sold 31,500 cars in Viet Nam last year, with its VinFast sedan and SUV models among the bestsellers in their respective segments. — VNS
- Ocado plans self-driving delivery vehicles and 'kerb to kitchen' robots in Oxbotica tech tie-up
- VinFast puts new electric vehicle model on market
- Apple, Hyundai tie up for self-drive car
- TuSimple to demo self-driving trucks in fourth quarter: source
- Minus Zero tests autonomous three-wheeler in Jalandhar, working on self-driving car
- Brunei launches electric vehicle pilot project
- Walmart invests in self-driving car start-up Cruise to expand last-mile delivery ecosystem
- VinFast selects NVIDIA DRIVE to power next-generation intelligent autonomous electric vehicles
- BMW and PG&E think electric vehicles could stabilize California grid
- Lexus SUV Being Used for Apple's Self-Driving Software Test Spotted on the Road
- Apple Reportedly in Process of Acquiring Self-Driving Vehicle Company Drive.ai
- The road not taken: South Korea's self-driving professor
VinFast acquires licence to test self-driving electric vehicles in California have 439 words, post on bizhub.vn at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.