Hanoi (VNA) – National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and Bamboo Airways have said they are well prepared for the transport of COVID-19 vaccines for local pandemic prevention.
Bamboo Airways have put necessary resources in place for a couple of months, including the best possible means of transport, standardised vaccine storage, and effective arrangement of human resources.
A representative from the carrier said that wide-body aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner will be deployed for the mission, while staff with considerable experience will serve on the flights carrying COVID-19 vaccines.
Rehearsal was held regularly to ensure smooth transport of the vaccines, the representative said, adding logistics services, warehouses and refrigerated containers are ready for the mission as well.
Bamboo Airways also has experience in transporting critical goods to Northeast Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Australia. The carrier has receive good response from its customers and logistics firms.
In the meantime, Vietnam Airlines has proposed it be officially permitted by authorised health agencies to transport COVID-19 vaccines from overseas.
The carrier said it has prepared all necessary resources to meet the strictest requirements on vaccine transportation by air. It has sufficient logistics services, modern cold storage systems, and trained human resources that meet international standards.
It is ready to introduce refrigerated container services for carrying vaccines, as poor preservation can affect quality and efficiency.
The carrier will also set up a specialised unit to perform these tasks.
Vietnam Airlines also has experience in transporting medical supplies, such as medicine and surgical instruments, as wells organs for transplant, even in time-sensitive emergencies.
It can deploy a fleet of wide-body aircraft such as Airbus A350s and Boeing 787s to transport large quantities of vaccines.
Transporting COVID-19 vaccine is seen as a century mission of the global aviation sector.
In Vietnam, ensuring sufficient COVID-19 vaccine supply in 2021 is a priority of the Ministry of Health and competent ministries and sector.
The Ministry of Health said it is working to secure 90 million COVID-19 doses this year, and to implement the biggest vaccination drive in Vietnam’s history./.
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Vietnam’s airlines and the dream to fly to the US
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific suspend flights to China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Ageing Iran airliner crashes on highway, injures two, as US sanctions block fleet upgrades
- Former Vietnam Airlines executive to be CEO of Vinpearl Air
- Flying with Fluffy? Better think twice! More than HALF of pets who died during airline travel last year flew Delta
- Plane's landing gear damaged during emergency stop after another aircraft crosses runway
- China shuts down transport, temples as virus death toll rises to 25
- Đà Nẵng quarantines 12, including four Vietnamese, for fever
- Airlines worldwide drop flights to mainland China in response to coronavirus
- Major U.S. airlines cancel China flights as government steps up warnings
- China shuts transport, temples, Disneyland as virus toll rises to 25
Vietnamese airlines gear up to transport COVID-19 vaccine have 506 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.