Vietnam said people must always be placed at the center of all dialogues and trust-building measures in Myanmar.
Vietnam's Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy has called on international efforts to assist Myanmar's democratic transition with an aim to ensure the people-centered approach.
|Vietnam's Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy calls for international support for Myanmar issues. Photo: Vietnam News Agency|
The support, including that from ASEAN, needs to respect the independence, sovereignty, and internal affairs of Myanmar while securing humanitarian access and essential services to local people, mostly vulnerable ones, Quy said at the United Nations General Assembly's informal meeting on Myanmar held on February 26.
He urged stakeholders to exert restraint, avoid escalating tensions and seek dialogues towards satisfying solutions, which are in line with the constitution, laws and people's aspiration.
He asked UN Special Envoy on Myanmar Christine Schraner Burgener and representatives of 50 members of the UN and eight regional organizations to coordinate with ASEAN in stabilizing the situation in Myanmar.
Kyodo News has reported that Foreign Ministers of ASEAN member states will hold a special meeting on March 2 to discuss the situation in Myanmar.
It would be the first of such meeting of the 10-member bloc since Myanmar's military declared a state of emergency and detained leaders, including U Win Myint and Aung San Suu Kyi on February 1.
Most ASEAN countries have expressed readiness to attend the meeting, with Myanmar’s military-appointed Foreign Minister Wunna Maung Lwin also asked to attend.
Myanmar has seen an outpouring of anger and defiance from hundreds of thousands of protesters who have gathered to call for Suu Kyi’s release and a return to democracy.
Hundreds of anti-coup protesters who have rallied daily in the country's largest city against a junta that toppled civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi have been dispersed by police, AFP reported.
- Oakland County Joint Custody - What Happens When You Mediate
- 'I Change The World' Thinking, Action Needed For Human Rights Abuses Of Myanmar Cyclone Victims Pt 2
- Myanmar Share
- Myanmar - Is United Nation A Failed Institution?
- Memories of Firebase Illingsworth, Vietnam
- Air Rocket Artillery Units In The Vietnam War
- Types Of Flak Jackets Used In The Vietnam War
- LZ Ike, Vietnam
- The Natural Approach For Joint Pain Relief
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Doing Business Joint Ventures
- Winning the War on Osteoarthritis Joint Pain
- Athletes, an Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure and a Life Without Joint Pain
Vietnam calls joint action for Myanmar issues have 418 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.