Loship, an ecommerce-focused logistics startup in Vietnam, on Friday morning announced it has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Skype co-founder Jaan Tallinn.
Tallinn participated in Loship's Series C funding through his investment vehicle MetaPlanet Holdings.
The investment comes four months after the one-hour-delivery e-commerce startup secured capital in a bridge round led by Vulpes Investment Management.
This capital injection marks Loship as the first portfolio company of MetaPlanet in Vietnam and Southeast Asia.
According to Loship CEO Nguyen Hoang Trung, the fresh capital will be spent on expanding the firm's delivery network, human resource, technology, and market.
"A huge portion of the funding will be poured into upgrading our app and developing technologies in Loship," Trung said in the company’s announcement.
"In addition, we will also ramp up our marketing strategies to cement Loship's presence in the domestic market.”
"It didn't take me very long to realize Loship was on to something," Loship quoted Tallinn as saying in its announcement.
"MetaPlanet is planning to pay more attention to the rapidly growing economies in Southeast Asia. So I'm delighted to be off to a strong start in Vietnam by adding Loship as our first portfolio company there."
Founded in 2017, the startup traces its roots to Lozi, a review app that allowed users to find food, beverages, and coffee shops.
It was then transitioned into a delivery services platform.
Loship has closed its series A and B rounds from investors such as South Korea's Smilegate Investment, Hana Financial Group, DTNI, and Golden Gate Ventures.
- Bonita Springs to savor Pure Prairie League's staying power
- Boardable Secures $1M in Seed Funding
- Vera Bradley Partners with Starbucks Asia for New Collection
- Vera Bradley Partners with Starbucks Asia
- Ambrose, Glick Partner on Waterside
- How our obsession with ‘whiz kids’ is harming American teens
- After 30 years, Rio in Las Vegas is losing its status and shine
- Paul Allen’s Vulcan Capital enters Singapore with $100 million
- Noblesville Company Acquired By Trucent
- Many investors in venture capital say a big return isn’t enough
- ‘We live together’: How a group dedicated to helping Rochester’s immigrants and refugees has evolved to meet community needs
- How tariff hikes are squeezing the U.S. furniture business
Skype co-founder invests in Vietnam’s Loship have 393 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.