Quang Ninh (VNA) – The northern province of Quang Ninh will spend at least 500 billion VND (21.7 million USD) on purchasing COVID-19 vaccines, targeting mass vaccinations as soon as possible.
Local authorities announced the information during a meeting between the cabinet, the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, and localities on February 24.
Quang Ninh recently issued a resolution stipulating urgent tasks and solutions in the COVID-19 fight.
It will cut 10 percent from regular spending and increase budget contingency to a maximum of 4 percent per total budget spending in order to provide the resources to fight COVID-19 and other diseases and respond to natural disasters and emergencies.
As of February 24, Quang Ninh had reported 61 COVID-19 cases.
Local departments, agencies, and localities have been urged to remain vigilant and take measures seriously, synchronously, and effectively to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
At a meeting on February 23, the standing board of the provincial Party Committee decided to provide 4 billion VND to the neighbouring province of Hai Duong, which is now grappling with COVID-19 clusters./.
- Quang Ninh to set up one more Covid-19 field hospital
- Quang Ninh sets up third hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- US Says China Trying to Steal COVID-19 Vaccine Research
- Covid-19 vaccine development sees unparalleled progress
- Vietnamese Covid-19 vaccine test on mice shows positive signs
- Let’s Say There’s a Covid-19 Vaccine—Who Gets It First?
- Dispute Continues Over French Pharmaceutical Firm Sanofi’s COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vietnamese Covid-19 vaccine shows initial effect on mice
- Vietnam makes steps to produce COVID-19 vaccine
- China conducts first successful coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine test on monkeys
- Healthy mice mark 'initial success' for Vietnamese Covid-19 vaccine
- Coronavirus | ICMR, Bharat Biotech tie up for Indian COVID-19 vaccine
Quang Ninh to spend 500 billion VND buying COVID-19 vaccines have 285 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.