Police rescue four babies in cross-border child trafficking bust
The Saigon Times
|Babies are rescued from a major child trafficking ring in Cao Bang Province – PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – The Criminal Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security has worked with the police in many provinces and cities to bust a major child trafficking ring, rescuing four babies.
The department said on February 26 that the four infants were rescued in time, before they could be sold to China.
On February 25, the police raided some houses in the northern mountainous province of Cao Bang and discovered some traffickers taking care of babies, which were meant to be sold to China.
The police detained four mothers who intended to sell their babies and a pregnant woman, the local media reported.
A representative of the department said there was a large-scale child trafficking ring with the involvement of many local and foreign individuals. Many suspects involved in the case were arrested on February 25 and 26. The case is being further investigated.
- Police Rescue Dog With Paw Caught In Escalator At Jersey City PATH Station
- An Giang tightens border after new Covid-19 cases
- Child, Adult Injured In Wilmington Double Shooting
- Gunman kills eight in US city of Indianapolis: police
- Adriana Cohen: Border chaos -- Kamala Harris should be taking charge of Biden's immigration crisis not hiding
- Hong Kong study confirms mother-to-child transfer of COVID-19 antibodies
- Chinese Police Bust First Cryptocurrency-Based Online Gambling Ring
- Biden administration releasing $39B to help early childhood educators, child care providers
- Psaki says Republicans 'need more to do' instead of attacking VP on border absence
- House Republicans display Kamala Harris milk carton at news conference: ‘Missing at the border’
- Acting IGP disbands police monitoring units in Lagos, Port Harcourt
- Gunmen kidnap Ekiti traditional ruler — Police
Police rescue four babies in cross-border child trafficking bust have 284 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.