In a statement on February 27, spokesperson of the Philippine President Harry Roque said the decision follows a report of 2,651 new virus infections, the highest daily increase in more than four months.
The Philippines will be the last in the region to get its first shipment of vaccines, comprising 600,000 doses of Sinovac Biotech's vaccines donated by China, to be delivered on February 28, and earmarked for healthcare workers and military troops. The country has the second largest numbers of COVID-19 cases and deaths in Southeast Asia.
Meanwhile in Cambodia, the Health Ministry on February 27 announced the establishment of a security sub-committee to oversee all quarantine facilities nationwide.
As of morning the same day, Cambodia recorded a total of 766 infection cases.
- Coronavirus: Is Germany's €10 billion enough for second lockdown?
- Lockdowns whet appetite for organic food
- Thousands of anti-lockdown protesters clash with police in Rome and Leipzig as anger grows over new restrictions to fight Covid second wave
- Chaos, clashes then crackdown: Boris Johnson's lockdown announcement comes amid claims of fierce arguments behind the scenes as senior Tory MPs warn of lasting damage on weakened economy
- Coronavirus: Germany braces for anti-lockdown protests
- Super typhoon Goni makes two landfalls in Philippines, one million evacuated
- Philippines wants entire population vaccinated for COVID-19
- 20 dead after Typhoon Goni batters Philippines
- What lockdown? Commuters pack the tubes and London morning rush hour road traffic is UP as thousands continue to head into the office despite Government's latest call to work from home
- After Coronavirus, Nigerians contract lockdown fatigue!
- Why Deadly Philippine Super Typhoon Ended up Sparing Lives
- 6,500 scientists and medics sign anti-lockdown petition calling for 'focused protection' of vulnerable people from COVID so the young can build herd immunity
Philippines extends partial lockdown in capital have 275 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.