Over 33,600 firms dissolve, suspend operations in Jan-Feb
The Saigon Times
|An employee is at work at a textile factory. The country saw over 33,600 firms leave the market or suspend their operations in the first two months of the year – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The country saw over 33,600 firms leave the market or suspend their operations in the first two months of the year, up 18.6% year-on-year, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Of the total, over 21,630 companies signed up to temporarily suspend operations, some 8,380 halted operations to complete dissolution procedures and over 3,590 were dissolved.
The number of newly-established firms in February dropped by 12.3% year-on-year at 8,040, while pledged capital surged by 85.6% at VND179.7 trillion. Besides, some 7,700 firms left the market in February, VietnamPlus news site reported.
Between January and February, some 18,130 companies were established, inching down 4% year-on-year, while the number of firms returning to the market, mainly active in the art, entertainment and education fields, and lodging and catering services, during the two-month period was 11,030, down 7.6% against the same period last year. However, the total registered capital increased by 12% to VND720.4 trillion.
- The Latest: Panama law firm helped company tied to Mugabe
- Blake Griffin suspended 4 games without pay
- Anderson Silva fails second drug test for UFC 183, is suspended
- Conor McGregor, Luke Rockhold medically suspended for up to six months
- Kurt Busch loses final appeal, stays suspended indefinitely
- NHL suspends Wideman 20 games for abuse of official
- Flames’ Wideman suspended 20 games for cross-checking official
- Suspended Michel Platini loses England’s support in FIFA campaign
- WADA provisionally suspends lab
- Phil Ervin’s Feb. 17 Timberwolves mailbag
- Rangers begin reporting to spring training Feb. 16
- FIFA suspends secretary general amid ticket-scalping scandal
Over 33,600 firms dissolve, suspend operations in Jan-Feb have 265 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.