The Centre on Tuesday informed that it has found two specific variants of SARS-CoV-2 — N440K and E484K — circulating in three states: Maharashtra, Kerala and Telangana, which have been detected with high number of mutations. However, no link between these two variants and the outbreak in Kerala and Maharashtra has been established so far, it added.
"The genome sequencing of
However, he clarified that the variants cannot be attributed to the upsurge in the number of infections a few states have been witnessing in the country.
"There is no evidence for us to believe that these are responsible for the upsurge of the outbreak in some of the districts in Maharashtra and Kerala," he said.
Paul said that the government was constantly monitoring the behaviour of the mutations in the country.
Paul also added that the count of people infected by the South African variant has risen to six, which the
However, the number of patients infected by the UK and Brazil variants has not changed in that duration. The tally of patients infected from the imported variants of novel coronavirus has reached 194 in the country.
- Black History Month: New York celebrates African-American culture and heritage with an abundance of 2014 events
- EXCLUSIVE: Former inmate sues over injuries he received from beating allegedly planned by jail guard linked to gang
- News gets action! Cameras coming to 80 of New York City's most crime-ridden housing projects
- Gene linked to intelligence: study
- Lethal form of prostate cancer linked to five gene variants discovered by doctors
- Spike Lee embraces Indiana sports fans at the mall
- Circle Centre to add Georgia Street entrance
- First gene-link to inherited prostate cancer; Those born with gene may have 10 to 20 TIMES the risk
- Oil and gas production linked to spike in Midwest earthquakes: study
- Follow IndyStar as we move to Circle Centre
- ‘Batman’ heroin linked to overdose spike
- Get the body of a champ at Olympics-inspired classes; Swim like Michael Phelps or spike the volleyball like Misty May Treanor
No link between c+ spike and new variants: Centre have 447 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.