The Hanoitimes – The daily turnover in Vietnam's stock market has been extremely high for the last several months, said the head of independent Finish fund manager Pyn Elite Fund.
Vietnamese listed companies' first quarter earnings reports in April will indicate strong earnings growth for many businesses in the year 2021.
|Petri Derying, portfolio manager of Finland-based Pyn Elite Fund. Source: arvopaperi.fi|
Petri Derying, portfolio manager of Finland-based Pyn Elite Fund, wrote in a note, discussing the prospect of Vietnam's economy this year.
"Covid crisis is still slowing down many economies, but it is likely, that in the year 2021 we will see strong growth globally due to last year's poor numbers," said Derying.
According to Derying, there is already evidence of the robust growth in Vietnam's exports in the first six weeks of the year with a turnover of US$38.57 billion, up 36% year-on-year.
"These numbers indicate very strong growth for the whole year, while the strongest growth was in exports to China," he said.
Meanwhile, the daily turnover in Vietnam's stock market has been extremely high for several months already, Derying added.
"The turnover and the spike we've seen in VN-index are thanks to the local investors," he stated, noting in January the foreign investors were net sellers for US$74 million.
However, in February the tide turned and the foreign investors have been net buyers for US$62 million. "We expect this trend to continue," he concluded.
In early February, Derying stated the year 2021 "looks very good for the Vietnamese stock market", saying the economy is ready to achieve a record expansion, the listed companies' earnings growth will surprise on the positive side, and stocks are priced attractively.
Pyn Elite Fund expected the Vn-Index to soon reach 1,800 points, thanks to the companies' earnings growth forecasts, the strong outlook of the Vietnamese economy and the opportunities presented by the modernization of the stock market.
If the earnings grow as expected, the stock market's P/E ratio would be in the range of 15–16 to equal index level of 1,800 points. Even thereafter, Vietnam's economic growth will surely support even higher valuations and index levels, it added.
The Finnish fund believed that the Vietnamese stock market can surprise investors with a "big year" of returns during the 2020–24-time frame.
- Every NBA Team's Trade-Deadline Shopping List
- The 1 Bright Spot for Every Tanking NBA Team This Season
- Bennett on basketball: The Pac-12 offseason wish list (instant remedies for each team)
- Ottawa Senators expecting 'unparalleled success' between 2021-25
- Kevin Plank compensation dipped as Under Armour missed 2016 performance targets
- Strong CV business, robust exports offset domestic weakness for Bajaj Auto
- 2011 Saab 9-4x Joins IIHS List of Top Safety Picks
- Increase the Frequency: Getting the Most Out of Performance Reviews
- Kia ranked #1 in 2016 JD Power US new car reliability survey – first non-luxury brand to top list since 1989
- EPA Fuel Economy Variance Worst Performers: Real-World Fuel Economy Losers
- Merc defends F1 performances
- The paultan.org 2015 Top Five cars list – the writers each pick five that impressed them the most this year
Listed companies’ strong performance in Q1 indicates bright outlook in 2021 have 524 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.