HÀ NỘI — The Hùng Kings Festival, which pays tribute to the founders and first kings of the nation, will be held similarly to last year, with ceremonial activities but no festivities.
The plans for the national major festival were decided at a meeting of the People’s Committee of the northern province of Phú Thọ where it is held annually.
The ceremonies will be conducted with the death anniversary of the great father of the nation Lạc Long Quân and the incense offering to commemorate great mother of the nation Âu Cơ on April 17 and incense offering ceremony to commemorate the Hùng Kings and the flower offering ceremony on April 21.
Speaking at the meeting, vice chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee Hồ Đại Dũng said the event would take place in a respectful atmosphere, while strictly abiding by measures to prevent COVID-19 from spreading under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
This is the second year the Hùng Kings Festival will include only ceremonial activities and no festivities.
According to Lê Trường Giang, director of the Hùng Kings Temple Relic Management Board, the temple received more than 20,000 visitors on the occasion of Tết (Lunar New Year).
"The measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic have been taken seriously at the historical site. At the same time, the visitors' awareness has been much improved this year," he said.
The Hùng Kings Temple Relic Complex covers more than 1,000ha, more than half of which is forest. The complex is scattered with dozens of temples dedicated to the legendary kings.
There are some 300 temples dedicated to the Hùng Kings and other figures from the Hồng Bàng dynasty (2879 to 258 BC) in Phú Thọ, and nearly 1,500 sites dedicated to the kings throughout the country.
UNESCO placed the “Worship of Hùng kings in Phú Thọ” on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity on December 6, 2012,
The Hùng Kings Festival is held annually from the 8th to the 11th day of the third lunar month, which falls on April 19 to April 22 this year, as a tribute to the Hùng Kings who are credited with establishing the nation.
The main festival day, which is also a public holiday in Việt Nam, is on the 10th day or April 21. — VNS
- 6 festivals to check out in Philly this weekend
- Nike Wagner opens up on her father's Nazi ties and a childhood overshadowed by the Bayreuth Festival
- Everything you need to know about Festival O19
- Cromwell festival seeks entries for contests
- Fall concert preview: Madonna, Global Citizen Festival and more
- Painting that hung in NJ library since 1943 sells for millions
- World mourns "King of Pop" as questions remain over death
- Curtain Rises on 97th Richard Wagner Festival in Bayreuth
- What is Variety Bazaar? There’s a new festival from the organisers of Glastonbury, but will it replace Glasto? – all you need to know
- Queen set to try for Festival crown
- OnBlackheath Festival terms and conditions
- Two schoolgirls excluded after ‘taking ecstasy in the toilets on the day David Cameron visited’
Hùng Kings Festival 2021 to exclude festivities have 541 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.