HCM CITY — HCM City’s Thống Nhất Hospital organised a Day of Voluntary Blood Donation for its staff on February 23 to address a shortage of blood amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Its 202 employees donated 60.2 litres, equivalent to 240.4 units of blood.
It was followed by the HCM City Hospital of Haematology and Blood Transfusion and National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion calling on people to donate blood.
According to the institute, with the return of the pandemic before Tết, voluntary blood donation programmes had to be cancelled, leading to a shortage of blood.
Its stocks are also falling, it said.
The institute estimates it needs nearly 50,000 units for this month and next. VNS
- Outstanding blood donors honoured in HCM City
- Lab Technician, Charikot Hospital – Possible
- The world is running short of BLOOD: First global analysis reveals 119 countries have dwindling supplies for life-saving transfusions
- Tampa City Council rejects Buckhorn budget over health care costs
- With Legal Weed Just Days Away, Canuck Cops Wonder How to Get Blood From a Stone(d Driver)
- LewisGale employees file suit claiming race discrimination
- After Assaulting Nurse, Salt Lake City Detective Threatened to Inundate Hospital with ‘Transients’
- Fatal Gas Explosion Near North Carolina Porsche Collection (Updating)
- Family of Fla. Woman Who Died After Police Removed Her From Hospital Files Lawsuit
- Nurse Whose Violent Arrest Went Viral Reaches Settlement With Salt Lake City
- Yellow City
- The idea that governing bodies are serious about exposing drug cheats is a myth... the cover-up makes my blood boil
HCM City hospital collects blood from employees have 275 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.