A man posthumously tested negative for the novel coronavirus after being found dead at a hotel in Tam Dao Town, a popular tourist destination in the northern Vietnamese province of Vinh Phuc.
The deceased man has been identified as Nguyen The D., a 46-year-old resident of Hanoi, Nguyen Thanh Hai, director of the Vinh Phuc Department of Health, confirmed to Tuoi Tre ( Youth) newspaper on Saturday afternoon.
D. was discovered dead in his hotel room in Tam Dao Town on the early morning of the same day.
Police officers and health workers later arrived to probe the scene and collect his samples for COVID-19 testing.
All residents and visitors were not allowed to enter or exit Tam Dao Town following the discovery of his death.
Local authorities also asked all tourists and employees of local hotels, restaurants, and karaoke parlors to fill out health declaration forms at the town's medical center.
The temporary lockdown was lifted after D.'s test result came back negative for the novel coronavirus on Saturday afternoon.
According to preliminary information, D. previously traveled to Tam Dao with his wife and child.
Prior to his death, the man had consumed a lot of alcohol.
He had a history of high blood pressure and might have died from a stroke, according to officers.
Further investigation is ongoing.
- Coronavirus – Tenerife hotel cases DOUBLE overnight to 4 as hundreds of trapped Brits told they must stay for TWO WEEKS
- 65 patients test Covid-19 negative in Vietnam
- Vietnamese coronavirus survivor recalls novel ordeal
- Coronavirus update: More COVID-19 cases confirmed across Australia as shoppers stock up on toilet paper, groceries
- From Wuhan to Australia: A timeline of key events in the spread of the deadly coronavirus
- Covid-19 recovery: Hanoi discharges 27 patients
- Coronavirus: New York cases spike, Australia’s death toll rises with threat of massive fines, jail
- Britain's 20th coronavirus case is first to contract infection on UK soil: Man treated at clinic in Surrey closed for 'deep cleaning' is moved to London hospital as a Briton on quarantined cruise ship dies
- China's coronavirus epicentre pivots to stem imported cases
- Coronavirus strikes Italy: Austria blocks ALL trains crossing the border after THREE people die and more than 150 fall ill in outbreak - as Venice carnival is cancelled and Armani fashion show is axed, with 12 towns put into lockdown
- Italy's coronavirus death toll inches towards 10,000. Many are asking why the fatality rate is so high
- 'Treated like animals': Mum-of-two quarantined in a lavish Sydney hotel over coronavirus complains about being 'trapped' in 'inhumane' conditions after being forced to eat on beds and wash dishes in the bathroom sink
Hanoi man negative for coronavirus after dying at hotel in northern Vietnamese province have 443 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.