The trademark “Binh Thuan DRAGON FRUIT” has also been registered and protected by 13 countries and territories, including the U.S., the U.K., Germany, France, Japan, Thailand, and the Republic of Korea.
The GI allows Binh Thuan’s dragon fruit to enjoy better sales domestically and gain stronger footholds in foreign countries. Since 2016, the province has licensed 17 more local producers of dragon fruit to use the GI, raising the total number to 96 to date.
Many dragon fruit cooperatives, such as Thuan Tien, Hoa Le, Hong Son, and Ham Tinh, have been granted Collective Trademark by the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam.
As of June this year, Binh Thuan was home to about 32,000 ha of dragon fruit that can generate more than 640,000 tons per year.
The province exported around 24,500 tons worth over USD 28 million between 2016 and 2019. The fruit has not only been shipped to traditional markets such as Taiwan (China), China, and Thailand, but also entered new markets like Germany, the Netherlands, the U.S., and New Zealand.
The provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is coordinating with the Binh Thuan Dragon Fruit Association to register the GI with Japan to help the fruit obtain broader access to the Japanese market.
- Binh Thuan Dragon Fruit Registered for Protection Abroad
- Binh Thuan dragon fruits prices blossom due to scarceness
- Binh Thuan Dragon Fruit Debuts in US Market
- Geographical indication and opportunities to increase exports to EU market
- Geographical indication and opportunities to increase exports to EU market Economy
- Promoting dragon fruit in American market
- Binh Thuan’s dragon fruits promoted in Hanoi
- Binh Phuoc develops brandname of cashew attached with geographical indications
- Book promotes Vietnam’s geographical indication-registered products
- Retailers come to aid of Binh Thuan farmers
- Scarcity causes dragon fruit price to make new record
- 13,000 tons of dragon fruits exported to China a day
Geographical indication helps Binh Thuan dragon fruit conquer foreign markets have 298 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.