Four suspects have been arrested for alleged involvement in a human smuggling ring that helped Vietnamese people reach Cambodia.
Officers at Song Trang Border Guard Station in Long An Province have apprehended four suspects amid allegations that the group ran a human smuggling ring, a source told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Thursday.
They were identified to be Nguyen Thanh Giang, Vo Van Xuan, Le Thi Anh, and Dang Van Sa Mal, all of whom are from Long An.
The four were suspected of assisting two border jumpers in the locale, who were spotted at around 7:30 pm on Wednesday in Cay Me Village of Long An's Tan Hung District, and detained two hours later by a border patrol cohort.
The border jumpers were identified as Nguyen Thi Kim Hoa, 26, and Nguyen Van Thang, 23, both hailing from the southern province Tay Ninh.
The duo had tried to cross the border through the Tan Hung area of Long An in order to reach Cambodia and secure a well-paying job they had seen advertised on social media.
The incident is not the first case of border jumping busted in Long An Province within this week.
At 12:05 am on Wednesday, Song Trang Border Guard Station cooperated with local forces to detain 14 suspects who had attempted to cross the border from Long An Province.
According to the border guards, these suspects hail from different localities across Vietnam.
Functional forces are investigating the link between this incident and the smuggling ring caught in Tan Hung District.
- Marine arrested for alleged human smuggling after Chinese woman found in car trunk
- Joint statement on establishment of Vietnam-Australia strategic partnership
- Fatal Crashes; Smuggling Attempt: Carlsbad, SD County Police Log
- US Marine arrested on charges of smuggling undocumented immigrants across southern border
- Texas Couple Sentenced To Prison For Smuggling More Than 100 Illegal Aliens Across Border
- Vietnam’s Mekong Delta residents internally migrate due to climate change: researches
- Camp Pendleton Marine arrested at border on suspicion of illegally bringing immigrants into U.S.
- Vietnam still faces hurdles in tourism promotion
- US-based 'terrorist' group behind explosion at Vietnam tax department: police
- Cambodian female drug trafficker arrested in Vietnam
- Vietnam arrests woman for transporting 5.8 kg marijuana
- Vietnam receives last of 39 remains of victims
Four nabbed in southern Vietnam on suspicion of human smuggling have 379 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.