Most of the newly-detected patients tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus after coming into close contact with COVID-19 patients.
Six of the cases were recorded in Hai Duong's Kim Thanh district, a new coronavirus hotspot in the country.
The virus has spread to all 12 cities and districts in Hai Duong province, with 665 cases confirmed, since it recurred a month ago.
Elsewhere, the epidemic has been brought under control in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi capital, Hai Phong city as well as 12 other localities, with no new cases detected during the past few days.
Bac Lieu province in the Mekong Delta reported an infection in the community on February 28 and local authorities are awaiting confirmation from the Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute.
The same day, the Ministry of Health announced four imported cases in Tay Ninh and Dong Thap provinces in southern Vietnam.
Thirty two patients were also discharged from hospital on the same day after making a full recovery from the disease.
The number of quarantined people who had contact with COVID-19 patients or returned from epidemic hit countries has also fallen to 63,000.
Among active cases, an elderly patient in Da Nang city, central Vietnam, is in critical condition and has been relying on ECMO, a sophisticated therapy to save patients in critical condition. The patient has suffered from hypertension and diabetes for years.
- Judge Says Amazon Must Hand Over Echo Recordings in Stabbing Case
- Exeter Youth Soccer Association's ex-treasurer gets chance to clear record in embezzlement case
- Judge orders district attorneys to turn over records of the cases they prosecuted
- Ducks win 2nd in a row after franchise-record 12-game losing streak
- Patrick Frazee hearing delayed to Feb. 19; prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case release documents
- Ovations for Feb. 28
- The Cucamonga Times recorded the community’s early years
- NCJFCJ Announces a Record $12.9 Million in Awards in 2018 to Improve Outcomes for Children and Families
- Fort Fairfield High School Girls Basketball 53 at Ashland Community High School 28
- With record $12.5 billion in Texas' savings account, lawmakers set $7.5 billion minimum balance
- Lucas: Trump detractors should recall Vietnam debacle
- Will Massachusetts break records for the coldest Thanksgiving? Here are the past record-breakers
COVID-19: Vietnam records 12 more community cases on Feb. 28 have 349 words, post on vov.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.