illustrative imageThe patient is a 22-year-old man living in Bac Giang province, a gateway to Hanoi capital. He tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus after having close contact with his wife, a COVID-19 patient linked to the coronavirus hotspot in Chi Linh City, Hai Duong province.
The virus has spread to 13 cities and provinces across the country since it recurred late last month. As many as 484 cases have been confirmed, including 327 cases in Hai Duong province alone, the country’s biggest coronavirus hotspot.
The Ministry of Health announced 13 locally-transmitted cases on February 9 afternoon, including two in Hung Yen province, another gateway to Hanoi capital. Hung Yen is the latest locality where the virus has been detected.
In a message to health workers on February 9, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc called on the health sector to pool all resources to fight the disease and ensure no cross infection of the virus occurs in health facilities.
The government decided to give daily allowance worth VND160,000 per person to those who are on duty at concentrated quarantine facilities and health facilities during the five-day lunar New Year holiday.
In other developments:
Hung Yen province imposed social distancing on a number of selected places where cases were detected.
HCM City locked down another block of flats in Tan Binh district where an Vietnam Airlines employee was infected with the virus.
Bus stations in Hanoi was required to store passenger information for at least 21 days
Hanoi decided to test approximately 10,000 employees of Noi Bai International Airport following a virus outbreak at Tan Son Nhat airport in the south.
A number of localities such as Dong Nai, Binh Phuoc, and Can Tho suspended non-essential services.
- Vicky Kaushal, Kashmera Shah’s apartment complex in lockdown after Covid-19 positive case detected: ‘Mood is very tense’
- Seven more Covid-19 patients discharged in Vietnam
- Can asymptomatic persons cause COVID-19 community spread? Top doctor clarifies
- Worldwide coronavirus COVID-19 positive cases cross 20 lakh, over 1,30,500 dead
- Andhra Pradesh: With 80 new Covid-19 positive cases in last 24 hours, state tally climbs to 893
- Tamil Nadu registers 56 COVID-19 positive cases; recovered woman says her cellphone helped her beat the blues
- 10 of 13 Covid-19 positive cases in Odisha has Bengal connect; alert sounded
- Dharavi records 11 COVID-19 positive cases, tally rises to 71
- ICMR is Testing Random Samples to Check Covid-19 Community Spread. But is The Sample Size Enough?
- Mumbai escapes COVID-19 'community transmission', says BMC
- Coronavirus update: Rajasthan reports 52 Covid-19 new cases, most from Jaipur
- Pak PM Imran Khan Tests Negative for COVID-19; Total Cases Cross 10,000-mark
COVID-19: Another community case detected in Vietnam on Feb. 10 morning have 431 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.