Bank and steel stocks spur local market
The Saigon Times
|Maybank Kim Eng Securities employees monitor share prices. The VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange expanded 0.26% on Friday, February 26 – PHOTO: THANH HOA|
HCMC – Bank and steel stocks were the main driver of the local market, enabling the benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to expand today, February 26.
The main index rose 0.26%, or 3.04 points, to close the day at 1,168.47 points, with winning stocks outnumbering losers by 216 to 209. More than 554 million shares worth roughly VND14.87 trillion changed hands on the southern bourse, increasing 8.36% in volume and 11.38% in value compared with the previous session.
Bank stocks were among the best performers, with BID going up 1.5% to VND43,600, ACB up 2% to VND33,050, MBB up 1.3% to VND27,650, VIB up 3.3% to VND39,700 and VPB up 1% to VND40,000. TCB and TPB inched up approximately 0.5%.
Steel stocks were also the major contributors, with NKG, POM, TLH, VGS, VIS and DNY shooting up to the ceiling prices. Steelmaker HPG in the VN30 basket soared 3.3% to VND45,600.
Moreover, bank and steel stocks were the cash magnets. HPG took the lead in terms of liquidity with 40.93 million shares changing hands, followed by MBB with 22.35 million shares. HSG and STB came third with some 17.4 million shares traded each.
Some other large-cap stocks that gained ground included dairy giant VNM, property firm VIC, gas firm GAS and consumer goods producer MSN.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index added 1.23%, or 3.02 points, to end at 249.22 points, with gaining stocks outnumbering decliners by 100 to 94. There were more than 113 million shares worth VND1.9 trillion changing hands on the northern bourse.
In the HNX30 basket, investment and trading company TNG shot up to the ceiling price and real estate company NRC surged 7.2% to VND23,700. Stone processor VCS, construction firm VC3, pharmaceutical firm DP3 and housing firm NDN rose 1-2%.
Among petroleum and bank stocks, SHB, PVS and PVB closed at their reference prices, while NVB expanded 0.7% to VND14,700. Lender SHB led the northern market in terms of liquidity with 28.66 million shares changing hands, followed by petroleum stock PVS with more than 11.9 million shares.
- Facebook Tightens the Noose on Local Marketers and this is a HUGE Mistake
- Deutsche Bank may get Sebi nod to operate as commodity custodian for MFs
- Short-term traders should be stock specific this week: Kunal Bothra
- Deal or no deal, some PSU stocks are worth betting on: Sudip Bandyopadhyay
- BSE inks pact with Steel Users Federation of India
- Stocks in focus: YES, DRL, Voda Idea, Coal India
- Stock market update: Private banks advance; Kotak Mahindra rises 2%
- Stock market update: Private banks soar; RBL Bank jumps 3%
- Nifty and Banking sector would be on downside: Kunj Bansal, CIO, Sanlam India
- Sensex down 395 points: Why the stock market did not like the Budget
- Deutsche Bank CEO invests 15% of monthly pay in bet on shares
- Beware! Market may reverse quickly: Don’t be aggressive, remain cautious
Bank and steel stocks spur local market have 470 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.