Jakarta (VNA) – ASEAN and Canada reaffirmed commitment to strengthening cooperation under their new Plan of Action 2021-2025 in areas of mutual interests at the 9th ASEAN-Canada Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) Meeting via videoconference.
In this spirit, the meeting agreed to deepen collaboration in the areas of trade and investment; micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) development; public health; innovation including entrepreneurship and start-ups; digital economy; education; gender equality; women, peace and security; and connectivity. cooperation programmes such as; the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED); the Canada-OECD Project for ASEAN SMEs (COPAS); and the "TRIANGLE in ASEAN initiative" to promote safe and fair labour migration.
Taking note that next year marks the 45th Anniversary of the ASEAN-Canada Dialogue Partnership, Canada looked forward to engaging ASEAN on potential commemorative events./.
- China, ASEAN agree to strengthen cooperation
- Hanoi strengthens cooperation in numerous fields with France region
- Canada calls for new vote after disputed Bolivian election
- Here’s a breakdown of Canada’s Moon-focused space strategy
- Defence minister hails Thailand’s role in ASEAN defence cooperation
- ASEAN, China talk ways to bolster strategic partnership
- Vietnam looks towards strategic partnership with New Zealand
- New Zealand hails Vietnam’s important role in signing of CPTPP
- Federal MPs say Canada should exercise caution with Huawei, ‘put a pause’ on 5G plans
- Here’s where to watch the Oscars this weekend in Canada
- Huawei chairman says company is committed to Canada despite potential ban
- Check out Kal Penn’s docuseries about capitalism this week in Canada [Streaming Saturdays]
ASEAN, Canada to strengthen cooperation under new Plan of Action have 261 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.