All localities in the province are covered by 3G, 4G and mobile broadband, he said, and internet subscribers account for 65 percent of the population.
The province ranked seventh out of 63 cities and provinces last year in information technology (IT) application and third regarding administration modernisation in the Public Administrative Reform Index, according to the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC).
An Giang will this year bolster the application of tourism management and promotions, digital transformation programme and infrastructure investment in the postal sector and logistics at large, and e-commerce. It will also strive to set up a concentrated IT zone.
After telecoms providers conducted commercial 5G trials in cities such as Hanoi and HCM City, many provinces sent recommendations to MIC to allow carriers to deploy 5G in their urban areas, industrial zones, and key areas.
Responding to the requests, the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority under MIC said that based on testing results and proposals from businesses, the ministry would study and license mobile businesses to deploy 5G, prioritising industrial parks, high-tech parks, and IT to focus on implementing innovative digital technologies./.
- Nokia says completed first 5G SA call China Unicom's live network
- Could ‘Open’ systems negate Huawei’s influence on 5G?
- China Mobile to build private 5G networks for faster industrial application of technology
- Ericsson bags 5G cloud core technology deal from XL Axiata
- U.S court upholds FCC cap on 5G small cell fees in win for wireless carriers
- DPRK wants to cooperate with Viettel in telecommunication
- Viettel wins ACES Awards to become leading Asian company
- First online heart surgery operation implemented via Viettel Telehealth
- HPE announces new tool to help telcos deploy edge services
- 5G unmade: The UK’s Huawei reversal splits the global telecom supply chain
- The US needs a new techno-democratic statecraft: Start with 5G
- Cybersecurity is key to a successful 5G strategy
VNPT, Viettel to deploy 5G in An Giang have 365 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.