The rollout of the new models is part of its plan to become a global major in electric car manufacturing.
Two of the three models, all SUVs, also have a fuel version, the company said in a release.
The cars, named VF31, VF32 and VF33, have several self-driving systems including steering assistance, adaptive lane control and automatic parking.
An artist’s impression of the interior of VF33. Photo courtesy of VinFast.
Depending on the model, the electric cars can go 300-500 kilometers per full charge.
The premium versions of these cars have 14 cameras capable of detecting objects nearly 690 meters away, and the company claims its self-driving system is eight times faster than that of existing self-driving car models.
The cars can find their own parking spots and can be summoned by drivers when needed.
VinFast said the cars meet the highest safety standards in the world including a five-star rating of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and a five-star rating of the European New Car Assessment Programme.
The standard version of the VF31 can be ordered in Vietnam starting this May and will be delivered in November.
For the VF32 and VF33 models, customers can order starting September and delivery will begin in February 2022.
The company will also sell these cars in the U.S., Canada and the E.U. with orders opening in November and delivery in June next year.
VinFast, a unit of Vietnam’s biggest private conglomerate Vingroup, entered the auto industry three years ago. It has an auto plant in the northern province of Hai Phong and research and development centers in Australia, Germany and the U.S.
The company said the manufacturing of electric bikes, buses and cars is part of its strategy to become a favorable hi-tech auto manufacturer in the global market and to help develop green transportation by reducing emissions.
- How cyclists and guide dogs are reacting to the rise of self-driving cars
- BlackBerry surges on deal with Baidu for self-driving cars
- Self-driving cars to drive 200 miles of UK country roads in key trial
- California is going to start letting self-driving cars be tested without onboard safety drivers
- Self-driving cars with "remote" drivers could test on Calif roads in April
- US transport chief to unveil revised self-driving car guidelines
- Self-driving car experts offer online degree in 'flying cars'
- BlackBerry launches cybersecurity software for self-driving cars
- Self-driving cars could be held back by U.S. regulation
- Special glasses could prevent motion sickness in self-driving cars
- Regulators Are Asleep at the Wheel on Self-Driving Cars
- Apple ditches its plans to build a self-driving car… but they could soon be controlling YOUR car
VinFast introduces self-driving car models have 430 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.