A court in Ho Chi Minh City on Tuesday gave a local man capital punishment for stabbing a female bus attendant, whom he had had affections for, to death last year.
Nguyen Van Guong, 58, residing in the city’s Cu Chi District, had developed feelings for L.T.M.T., a female attendant on a bus route between Cu Chi Bus Station and An Nhon Tay Bus Station in the same district, according to court documents.
In late 2019, Guong started suspecting T. had a romantic relationship with N.V.D., the bus driver who was T.’s only other co-worker, and regularly traveled on D.and T.’s bus to spy on the pair.
On March 31, 2020, Guong concealed a knife on his body with the intention of stabbing D. over jealousy.
Guong took the 3:00 pm bus ride driven by D. and assisted by T.
When the bus was running on the section of Provincial Highway 7 through Go Noi Village in An Nhon Tay Commune, the jealous man went to T.’s seat and knifed her several times in her abdomen and chest.
D. put on the brakes when he heard T.’s screams, before opening the door for passengers to get off while Guong continued stabbing the female bus attendant.
D. threw a plastic basket at Guong, who then rushed to stab D., but the knife only nicked D.’s eyebrow.
Not stopping, Guong stabbed his own stomach before going on to stab T.
The man was only put under control by D. and onlookers after he got off the bus.
He was then handed over to local police while T. died on her way to the hospital.
At Tuesday’s court, T.’s family denied any romantic relationship between T. and Guong.
The panel of judges concluded that the relationship between Guong and the victim was merely as acquaintances.
As Guong committed a drastic, thug-like offense, the panel decided to apply the highest punishment — a death sentence — to set a deterrent example to others.
- Indiana man gets 14 years for deadly bus-minivan collision
- Mother of murdered British teacher Lauren Patterson sobs in Qatari court as killer is given death sentence for sexually assaulting, stabbing and burning the 24-year-old
- 'Revenge Porn': Sextortion Spreads in Iraq as Fear of Honour Killing, Death Sentence Daunt Women
- 'I felt like I was an animal going to the slaughterhouse': Survivors of Chowchilla kidnappings recount being buried alive in a bus for 16 hours - as it's revealed the mastermind behind plot ran a gold mine and sold Christmas trees from prison
- The masked 'New IRA' gunman who 'murdered star journalist Lyra McKee': Police release CCTV of armed man taking aim at crowd with a pistol in Londonderry riots amid hunt for the killer
- Chowchilla kidnapping mastermind, 67, is up for parole - four decades after he abducted 26 children on a school bus and buried them alive in ransom plot inspired by Dirty Harry movie
- Revealed: 39 Chinese migrants found in death trap lorry had travelled 5,000 miles and may have been locked in airless, freezing trailer for DAYS
- The world's only BROWN panda which was 'bullied as a cub for looking different' gets adopted by a US-based charity
- Ohio man kills his wife and then turns the shotgun on himself in front of teenage daughter
- Somalia executes man by firing squad for 2017 Mogadishu market bomb
- Heartbroken teenager leads mourners at funeral of stepfather she saw gored to death by an elephant on Thai paradise island
- Bourke St murderer James Gargasoulas given life jail sentence but could get parole in 46 years
Vietnamese man gets death sentence for killing female bus attendant over romantic jealousy have 596 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.