Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vu Tien Loc, as Chairman of the East Asia Business Council (EABC) in 2020, recently handed over the EABC Chair to Hak-hee Jo, Executive Managing Director of the Korea International Trade Association.
This year, the council plans to focus on boosting post-pandemic recovery in tandem with commerce development, promoting the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement as a tool for economic recovery, and ensuring supply chains and facilitating cross-border business connectivity amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The EABC Council will convene three meetings and those of working groups to prepare for dialogues between EABC and the ASEAN Senior Economic Official Meeting Plus Three (SEOM+3), and the ASEAN Plus Three Economic Ministers’ (AEM+3).
Notably, the council will compile a report on recommendations of business communities in the region and submit it to ASEAN 3 leaders at the EABC-ASEAN+3 dialogue, which is scheduled for November in Brunei.
Loc said that despite the pandemic, the EABC had a successful 2020, citing as an example its RCEP working group’s contribution to a report of the council on business communities’ support for the signing of the trade pact.
The RCEP was signed at the 37th ASEAN Summit. The agreement is the largest free trade agreement in ASEAN, covering 2.2 billion people and US$26.2 trillion in GDP.
In addition, during talks between the EABC and leaders of ASEAN+3 and AEM+3, the leaders showed support for EABC activities to bolster regional economic growth in the context of COVID-19.
They also spoke highly of the council’s contribution to promoting the RCEP agreement. — VNA/VNS
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionNorth Korea FM: NAM’s Baku meeting to contribute to int'l peace, development
- Ruža Tomašić: Nadam se da će nam u koaliciju ući i branitelji iz Savske
- Slovenia wraps up chairmanship of OSCE Forum
- Armenia assumes PABSEC chairmanship-in-office
- Meet the two candidates hoping to take shape the future of the Broads in chairmanship race
- Vietnam's golden bridge in ‘hands of gods’ becomes tourist hit
- Former Belfast office head McKerr to take up chairmanship role at EY
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionAzerbaijan to return the spirit of the Non-Aligned Movement to the European continent
- Birds ‘had to learn to fly again’ after meteor strike that killed dinosaurs
- Cuban leadership changes, but that's all for now
- China warns Rosneft against drilling in disputed territory
- Singaporean, North Korean Top Diplomats Hold Meeting Ahead of Trump-Kim Summit
Viet Nam hands over EABC Chairmanship to RoK have 410 words, post on bizhub.vn at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.