According to the ministry’s report, the two men aged 54 and 66 returned from the US and transited in South Korea before landing at Cam Ranh International Airport in Khanh Hoa Province on January 1.
They were sent to a quarantine area upon arrival in Phu Yen Province and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on January 20.
The patients are now being treated at the Phu Yen Provincial General Hospital.
Earlier, 16 other people who boarded the same flight with them had also been infected with the virus.
With these new infection cases, the number of imported Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 852.
As of 6 pm on January 21, a total of 1,411 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 18,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
- How Patients for Patient Safety are speaking out for victims of medical mistakes
- Teenage girl, 19, who collapsed and died after anniversary meal with boyfriend at Wagamama ‘may have had asthma attack’
- Common Drug Shortages Upset Cancer Patients
- Deadline extended for Holsworthy patient survey
- Four more City players have had their FIFA 19 ratings confirmed
- Olson: Property assessment info in Thursday's Daily Chronicle
- Edited Transcript of PBYI earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Winter flu jab delays for elderly Northants patients
- Patient had operation on the wrong part of his body at Derriford
- Top surgeon harmed patients for years
- Viagra linked to deaths of 19 Brits in ONE YEAR as sales of erectile dysfunction med skyrocket
- Calvo signs order giving GMH $19 million in subsidies
Two more imported Covid-19 patients confirmred on Thursday have 308 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.