Japanese automaker Toyota has announced a recall of 11,693 of their vehicles distributed in Vietnam after detection of faulty fuel pump systems.
The recalled vehicles include 5,699 Toyota Innovas produced between August 10, 2017 and July 26, 2019, on top of 1,943 Corollas and 63 Camrys, all of which were domestically assembled.
The recall campaign are also targeted at several imported models, namely 56 Alphards, 2,402 Fortuners, 80 Land Cruiser 200 units, 518 Land Cruiser Prados, 80 Hiluxes and 15 Hiaces.
The majority of recalled vehicles were made between 2017 and 2019.
Meanwhile, Lexus, the luxury vehicle division of Toyota, are recalling eight models, including RX350/450h, RX350L/450, NX200t/300h, ES350, GS200t, LX570, and LS500/500h for a check and replacement of fuel pumps.
According to Toyota Motor Vietnam, the automobiles are recalled due to defects in their low-pressure fuel pumps, which can result in a vehicle stall, or the inability to restart.
In addition, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough.
If loss of motive power occurs while driving at higher speed, this could increase the risk of a crash.
The company announced that they will check and replace fuel pumps at no charge to customers in the Toyota Dealers network nationwide.
Earlier this year, Japanese carmaker Mitsubishi also recalled their Outlanders and Xpanders sold in Vietnam after discovering a fault that may cause the fuel pump inside the fuel tank to stop operating.
- Toyota Recall 2013 Issued
- Ford Recalls 90623 Vehicles To Fix Faulty Fuel-Pumps
- BMW Recalls 150K Vehicles Over Fuel Leakage Issue
- Toyota Recalls 2.87 Million RAV4s Over Seatbelt Issue
- Toyota Recalls 1.43 Million Vehicles Due To Airbag Defects
- Toyota Recalls 744000 Sienna Vehicles In US
- Toyota Recalls 543000 More Vehicles In US Due To Takata Air Bags
- Toyota Recalls 2016 Tacoma Pickup Trucks For Driver's Knee Airbag Issue
- Toyota Expands Takata Airbag Recall By Adding 331200 More Cars
- VW Recalls 280000 Golfs And Audis For Fuel Leaks
- Lamborghini Recalls 12 Venenos Supercars Along With 5900 Aventadors
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 88888 Dodge Darts, Durangos And Jeep Grand Cherokees
Toyota recall cars distributed in Vietnam over fuel pump defect have 331 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.