HÀ NỘI A collection of three short films by independent Vietnamese documentary filmmakers will be presented at the Japan Foundation Centre for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam tomorrow.
The screening is the opening event of DOC CICADA 2021: The Southeast Asian Journal (No.2): Short Films Screening and Talk with Varan Vietnam’s Directors.
Varan Vietnam is a group of Vietnamese independent documentary filmmakers following and practising a direct documentary style. Madam Phụng’s Last Journey (director Nguyễn Thị Thắm, 2014) and Finding Phong (director Trần Phương Thảo & Swann Dubus, 2015) are two most notable Varan Vietnam’s films that have been distributed at commercial theatres.
The screening on Friday will feature Kiên (2006, director Đào Thanh Tùng), Bụi (2005, director Nguyễn Thị Thúy Quyên), and The Lion Dance (2005, director Đào Mộng Long).
The programme is in Vietnamese, with English subtitles for the films and interpretation for the talk. The Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam is at 27 Quang Trung Street. VNS
- Berkshire Jewish Film Festival readies for 32nd annual run
- City doctor’s short earns accolades at film fests
- Around the Movie World in 17 Days at the New York Film Festival
- A big move for Norwalk’s Short Cuts film festival
- New-to-Denver film fest highlights filmmakers of color this weekend at Newman Center
- Mallika Sherawat Reveals She Lost Many Films Because Her Co-Actors Would Say 'Why Can't You be Intimate With Me'
- 'Whitney' Director Kevin Macdonald on Uncovering Whitney Houston's Alleged Childhood Abuser
- Charles Stone III Talks the ‘Incredibly Flawed’ Heroes of “Uncle Drew,” “Mr. 3000,” and “Drumline”
- People Are Calling For This Queer Indie Film To Be Canceled Before It Hits Theaters
- Movie screenings for the week of August 30
- Movie screenings for the week of August 23
- Joe Pesci stole the show at 'The Irishman' screening in New York
Short film screening and talk with directors have 327 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.